There could be 2 reason for this error. You can either reset the error or try and clean the printer from inside which might be causing the problem. Below are the 2 steps:
STEP 1: Clean the printer from inside
STEP 2: Reset the error
- Opened the cover and checked the front right of the printer near the waste ink pads
- Carefully turn the cogs to move the ink cleaning mechanism
- There might be a load of paper jam debris blocking the mechanism from reaching its port
- Carefully cleaning this out and putting the printer back together
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.