One of my remote phones was left outside in the rain. even though it was damp I was able to make calls and even received calls. However within a couple of hrs the phone went dead. switched the battery with another remote but the rain phone still didn't work. the other phone with the rain battery did work so its not a battery problem. reassembled the rain phone and put it back in its cradle for 3 days by now and it still dosn't work. so...do you think the phone can be repaired or should I buy a replacement?
My God, you should have gotten a blow dryer immediately and dried the circuits. Not a hot heat, but a steady heat clean clear through. it has worked every time I dropped the phone in the toilet or the dishwater.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
My experience with an old (100+) and newer house is that it is important to make sure your telephone wires coming into the house, and the junction block where all the wires connect, stay clean and dry. If the wires can get damp or dirty, then when that 90 volts of ringing voltage come down the line, it may find a low impedance path. At my old house I had to make sure the outside wires didn't touch the ground or get damp. In my newer house, I discovered the wiring block was near a dryer vent where it got a ton of fuzz on it, plus the moisture, so eventually our phones stopped ringing even though we could make calls and our DSL was not affected. When we exposed and cleaned up the wiring block so that the phone company tech could re-visit us to troubleshoot things, suddenly it started working again.
One time that happened to us tho it was actually dropped in a pool. We took battery out and dried it for a couple days. When we put the battery back in, it ACTUALLY worked. May not work for everyone or every phone but worth a try.
Cell phones do not recover gracefully from getting wet internally. The electronics were not made to get wet. You would be better served to get a new phone. Getting a cell phone wet is almost alway death to the electronics, even if the phone is dried out completely, The problems caused by the damp electronics will cause strange and intermittent problems.
I have a 2000 Astro had the same troubles.I saw that the sides of the coil were burned looking.In between the bar that goes around it. This started around 110K It would run badly when wet or high humidity.Then throw up the check engine lite.Put on a new coil so far the problem has no reocured.
you don't need to actually drop your phone in water for there to be water damage.
simple things like having your phone in the rain, in the bathroom while you shower, around a hot tub, or possibly even if it's really humid outside can set this water damage sensor off.
it just gives phone companies more ways to void your warranty.