Question about ASUS P5PE-VM Motherboard
to update the bios on this motherboard go to asus web site
one on asus web site go to services ---> support -----> download
at the top left hand corner type in your motherboard model P5PE-VM, under that in select category selct Bios,
chhose your operating system from when the question pops up. (does not make any difference which windows version you choose. Bios in independent of your operating system.)
download the version of bios you want. the bios you download will have the utility with it but just in case it does not, download the bios utility as well.
format a floppy and make it bootable. copy the bios files to it. start the computer from the floppy and update your bios.
when you boot from the floppy at the command prompt you need to type in the utility name "Afudos" follows by the new bios name.
you can also do this using a bootable flash drive.
hope this was helpful.
please vote for me
Posted on Feb 04, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 02, 2016 | MSI Computers & Internet
Sep 06, 2011 | ASUS P4BGL-MX 845GL (AS04P4BGL-MX)...
Aug 25, 2011 | ASUS A7V600-X (90M7A820G0EAYZ) Motherboard
ASUS Update Utility - an utility that allows you to save, manage and update the motherboard BIOS
The ASUS Update is an utility that allows you to save, manage and update the motherboard BIOS in Windows® environment.
The ASUS Update utility allows you to:
· Save the current BIOS file
· Download the latest BIOS file from the Internet
· Update the BIOS from an updated BIOS file
· Update the BIOS directly from the Internet, and
· View the BIOS version information.
You need an Asus motherboard in your system.
Rules for Safe BIOS update:
1. For safety reasons, always use the most updated BIOS utility!
2. Do not overclock the system/CPU during BIOS update!
3. Load "Setup Default" in BIOS menu before BIOS Update.
4. Make sure you have "Administator" privilege on your Windows system (WinNT4/2000/XP).
5. Close all application programs under Windows.
6. Disable any existing Anti-Virus applications in the system.
7. Reboot the PC after the BIOS update is complete.
8. Switch on the PC and load "Setup Default" in BIOS again. Hope this helps
May 23, 2011 | ASUS P5LD2-X/1333 - motherboard - ATX -...
Updating the BIOS with the Intel® Express
BIOS Update Utility
With the Intel Express BIOS Update utility you can update the system BIOS while in
the Windows environment. The BIOS file is included in an automated update utility
that combines the functionality of the Intel® Flash Memory Update Utility and the ease
of use of Windows-based installation wizards.
To update the BIOS with the Intel Express BIOS Update utility:
1. Go to the Intel World Wide Web site:
2. Navigate to the D946GZIS page, click "[view] Latest BIOS updates," and select the
Express BIOS Update utility file.
3. Download the file to your hard drive. (You can also save this file to a removable
USB device. This is useful if you are updating the BIOS for multiple identical
4. Close all other applications. This step is required. Your system will be rebooted at
the last Express BIOS Update window.
5. Double-click the executable file from the location on your hard drive where it was
saved. This runs the update program.
6. Follow the instructions provided in the dialog boxes to complete the BIOS update.
Feb 16, 2011 | Intel D946GZIS Motherboard
Nov 29, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 22, 2010 | ASUS K8N-VM Motherboard
Nov 27, 2009 | Asrock P4I45D Motherboard
421 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: