Question about KitchenAid 24 in. KUDP02FR Built-in Dishwasher
Hi, Hi, I have an older dishwasher also and recently my wife also complained about it not cleaning right... so me being the man I am tried in vain to clean the things... Bought new spray arms online and installed them in minutes...now the thing works like new... However I have also found that if the heating element goes bad then that also can mess things up bad... So I would buy new spray arms, and also check out the heating element to make sure it is working... Here is a tip that will help you with the online buying...
Of ten those nuts are lefthand thread which means that instead of the normal righty tighty they are righty loosey...they turn opposite of what you think to loosen them...
Dishwasher Spray Arms not Spinning
How to Buy Appliance Parts Online
A bad heating element causes many problems in dishwashers...
Dishwasher Problems The Heating Element not Working
Asker's Testimonial "explanation very clear. will give it a go and see how simple it was. thanks Ronnie " - ronnieshomes
I have an older dishwasher also and recently my wife also complained about it not cleaning right... so me being the man I am tried in vain to clean the things... Bought new spray arms online and installed them in minutes...now the thing works like new... However I have also found that if the heating element goes bad then that also can mess things up bad... So I would buy new spray arms, and also check out the heating element to make sure it is working... Here is a tip that will help you with the online buying...
Posted on Jan 04, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 16, 2011 | Washing Machines
6) Rotate the motor to the right to relieve the belt tension and remove belt from motor pulley
7) After belt is removed from motor pulley, rotate motor to the left as far as possible to assure cam bar clearance.
8) The spin cam bar must be advanced to the spin position. Push up on the spin control solenoid plunger and rotate the main drive pulley until the cam bar advances to the spin position.
9) Remove the brake yoke spring from the gear case cover and yok. (see figure 2)
10) Remove completely the 3 support braces attached to the gear case and base plate. (see figure 3)
11) Remove the 2 pump mounting bolts. The pump hoses do not have to be disturbed. (see figure 3)
12) Remove the gear case mounting stud which has the spacer. remove spacer (see figure 2). Loosen the remaining 2 gear case mounting studs approximately 7 turns. (see figure 3).
13) Remove yoke retainer from yoke support. (see figure 2 for the types of yoke retainer).
14) The gear case can now be pulled down so that the belt can be slipped out between the top of of the clutch shaft and the clutch yoke. (see figure 4) and then through the space beneath the short stud; drop the belt from around the gear case.
15) Reverse the procedure in steps 15 & 13 to install the new belt.
16) Replace the pump making certain the pump lever is engaged in the notch in the agitator cam bar before securing the pump to the gear case ( see figure 5).
17) Grasp the bottom loop of the yoke spring with a pair of pliers and engage the spring with the hole in the upper gear case cover (see figure 2).
18) Replace spacer in short gear case mounting stud. Tighten the 3 gearcase mounting bolts ( finger tight only ). Next, set the machine upright and tighten the gear case mounting bolts securely. This procedure will allow the superstructure to properly align itself with the center post bearing.
19) Lay the machine on it's front to mount the 3 support braces to the gearcase baseplate. Tighten the bolts securely.
20) To adjust the belt tension properly, position the belt over the pulleys. Insert a hammer handle or some other lever between the motor mounting brackets. Rotate the motor to the left as far as it will go. Tighten the nuts holding the motor mounting bracket. Check the tension of the belt, it should deflect about 1/2 inch. (see figure 1).
21) Set machine upright. Reinstall the agitator, agitator cap, service panel, water hoses and connect electrical supply.
Mar 07, 2011 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Sep 05, 2010 | Washing Machines
Jul 05, 2010 | Kenmore Washing Machines
May 15, 2010 | Kenmore 15864/15862 Top Load Washer
May 07, 2010 | Kenmore 23822 Top Load Washer
Apr 03, 2010 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Feb 23, 2010 | Bosch 24 in. SHU43 Built-in Dishwasher
Apr 11, 2009 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
Jan 31, 2008 | Washing Machines
Jan 05, 2014 | KitchenAid 24 in. KUDP02FR Built-in...
Oct 09, 2013 | KitchenAid 24 in. KUDP02FR Built-in...
Feb 22, 2013 | KitchenAid 24 in. KUDP02FR Built-in...
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: