Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source,
press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset
2) When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)note: press 4 times for waste ink counter reset.
The number of the Reset
LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off
1 time Orange Service pattern print
2 times Green EEPROM print
3 times Orange EEPROM reset
4 times Green Waste ink counter reset
5) Unplug cable power. (for MP145 / MP150)
6) Turn Off Power. (for MP160)
Error Code Message for Printer Canon MP145 and Canon MP160:
E2-2 = No paper (ASF)
E3-3 = Paper jam
E4 = No ink
E5-5 = The ink cartridges are not installed or a non-supported ink cartridge is installed, or the ink cartridges are not installed properly
E8 = Waste ink absorber full, or platen waste ink absorber full
E9 = The connected digital camera / video camera does not support Camera Direct Printing
E14 = The Ink cartridges whose destination are wrong
E15 = Ink cartridge is not installed E16 - Ink remaining is unknown
E16 -E19 = Failed to scan head alignment sheet
E22 = Carriage error
E23 = Paper feed error
E24 = Purge unit error
E25 = ASF(cam) sensor error
E26 = Internal temperature rise error
E27 = Waste ink absorber full or platen waste ink absorber full
E28 = Ink cartridge temperature rise error -
E29 = EEPROM error
E33 = Paper feed position error
E35 15 = USB Host VBUD overcurrent error - USB
E37 17 = Abnormal motor driver error
E40 20 = Other hardware error
E42 22 = Scanner error
Posted on Jan 02, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: my pixma mp 145 was error
Driver could be corrupt.
Disconnect the printer or at least be sure it is turned off. I'd do both and reinstall the CD software program that came with the printer. When the software program asks you to connect the printer to the USB port, do so and it should again work properly.
Hope this helps. Bud
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
SOURCE: I lost CD software for
A bigger question might be will the operating system you are using support the printer? You could check the Windows 7 hardware compatibility list (other versions of windows can be accessed from that site as well) See if the MP 145 is listed. There will be additional info posted there as well.
OR ... you can go to www.canon.com/support and get your drivers for the OS you are using.
Posted on May 31, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2011 | Canon PIXMA Office Equipment & Supplies
May 31, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 02, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One Printer
821 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!