Question about Sharp Microwave Oven Microwave Oven
I recently had the same problem with the F8AH250V fuse blowing, all functions :- grill, convection, turntable. light etc were working but no heat from the microwave, the problem was Magnetron failure
Posted on Mar 05, 2011
Fuses seldom just go bad on their own, but it's safe to replace. Before you replace the fuse, squeeze the tabs of the fuse holder clips together a bit. Sometimes they don't grip the fuse tightly enough, and this can cause heating which damages the fuse. If the fuse blows again there is a bad part in the oven that will need to be located and replaced. For a small countertop oven, it's probably more economical just to replace the oven than to repair it.
Posted on Jan 02, 2011
Testimonial: "Thanks very much for your help I will try your suggestions."
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 06, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
If there is spark please do not switch on
unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is
leaking and sparking to the ground. As you have mentioned it was stored, it is
quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When
you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the
long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off.
Now switch the microwave power on and use a cup of water to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. Replace with same type. If not check the waveguides within the cabin for food particles that can burn and spark, check for rust that can corrode and spark when the ceramic paint has worn out.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely
Click on replacing waveguides: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/1146/how-to-replace-a-microwave-guide-cover.html
Jan 30, 2013 | Magic Chef Microwave Ovens
Apr 04, 2011 | LG Microwave Ovens
Mar 30, 2011 | KitchenAid KCMS185J Microwave Oven
Feb 19, 2009 | Panasonic NN-S753 Microwave Oven
Dec 16, 2007 | Kenmore 69642 Microwave Oven
Dec 16, 2007 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
1,149 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: