If there is any internal errors in the printer memory or if the firmware is corrupted. In order to further troubleshoot this issue, I suggest that you hard reset the printer. To do this, remove all the accessories of the printer (for example: ink cartridges, printheads, trays and the duplex unit) and power cycle it. Power cycling the printer will clear all the internal errors in the printer memory.
Please follow the steps to Power cycle the printer:
1. Disconnect the printer from the computer.
2. Turn on the printer.
3. Unplug the power cord while the printer is in "ON" state.
4. Wait for 10-15 seconds.
5. Reinstall the all the accessories removed from the printer.
6. Replug the power cord.
7. Turn on the printer.
8. Wait till printer comes to Ready state.
Check whether the printer comes to Ready state. If the issue persists, then I suggest that you download and upgrade the MMR2020W firmware in the emergency flash mode and check if the issue gets resolved.
Please click the link below to download this firmware:
Then please follow the steps below to flash the firmware:
REQUIRES: Direct Parallel Connection (only)
1. Hold down the RESUME+CANCEL buttons while powering on the printer.
The printer will enter into reflash mode. The POWER and RESUME LEDs will be turned ON.
2. Select Start->Run.
3. In the Run box, enter either COMMAND or CMD and press ENTER. This will bring up a DOS shell window.
4. If needed, change to the directory containing the MMR2020W.FMW file. For example, if the FMW file is located in a folder called "C:\TEMP\1200FW\", type CD TEMP\1200FW and press ENTER.
The prompt should change to indicate the current directory. If the directory is located on a different drive letter, type CD D: and press ENTER to change to the other drive, where D should be replaced with the appropriate drive letter. Then change to the correct directory.
5. Type the following command to start the firmware transfer:
COPY /B MMR2020W.FMW LPT1: and press ENTER.
This will start the firmware transfer. LPT1 can be replaced if using a different parallel port (e.g. LPT2, LPT3, etc.)
6. Wait for 30 seconds for flashing to start. Flashing should follow the same sequence as described above (in step 7).
7. If, after flashing, the printer does not power-up on its own, manually power-on the printer.
(Hold the power button for a few seconds)
WARNING: Do not close the DOS window until the flashing is complete and the printer powers off (and possibly back on). Closing the window too soon could interfere with the flash process and prevent the printer from working properly. Once flashing has completed, type EXIT and press ENTER to close the DOS window.