Question about KitchenAid Microwave Ovens
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
That sounds like it would be a 220V 50Hz model. I would assume you're using it with the correct power source or if needed, the right power transformer and/or adapters. I'm curious how you solved the touchpad control problem? When troubleshooting, I always first check an area that was worked on before if I know about it. That being said, the most common causes of the problem you describe are: - defective door switch (probably the upper one) - defective door switch mount - loose and tarnished connection at the FA terminal of the magnetron (disconnect, tighten, burnish, and reinstall) If you have sufficient experience and/or information, you can do it yourself, but I a microwave uses and produces voltages that can be instantly lethal. These areas can be safely checked if the oven is disconnected from the wall and the high voltage capacitor is properly discharged. Information on discharging the capacitor and testing these parts is available from various sources on the Web. Door switches can be obtained from a local appliance parts store. Good luck and be safe.
Posted on Nov 13, 2006
The noise is coming from the high-voltage transformer being overloaded
by something shorting it out. Either the magnatron or the
high-voltage capacitor and diode. Replace the capacitor and
diode then if still not working, replace the magnatron. Its only
affordable if you do it yourself - buy the part on EBAY - lookup
Hope ya fix it!
Posted on Jan 06, 2008
Chances are you have a bad stirrer motor or the stirrer blade is jamming or loose on the motor shaft.
Your owner's manual should tell you how to remove the stirrer cover to check it.
If for some reason you don't have your owner's manual, you can download it free here, as well as the parts manual for your model.
You can also find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jan 01, 2009
SOURCE: Microwave not heating food
The problem you are having with your microwave is a common one. Not heating is a problem that can be caused by three things. I'll list the most common solution first, the magnetron that actually does the heating is what is making that noise and has gone bad. It is possible for you to also have a bad high voltage diode that has opened up, solution two, or solution three is the high voltage capacitor is not working properly as well. From my experience with microwaves I am positive that it is your magnetron that is bad. If you are not do it yourselfer you'll need to take it to a repair shop to replace. However, if you know how to use a screwdriver and can unplug a couple of wires with spade terminals on them, then you can take it off yourself, find another one and replace it the same way you took it off. The magnetron sits behind the control panel of your microwave but on top. It has cooling fins on it and has 2 terminals maybe three depending and make and model that plug into it. It has 4 screws that are easy to get to that actually holds it in place. If you do not have a good local source like an electronic parts supply place then you can find the right magnetron at www.mwoparts.com. Be sure you always unplug the microwave before touching or trying to take the he cover off and then when you take the magnetron off also.Good luck and God bless.
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
the unit inside the microwave that heats called the "magnetron" has gone bad or the circuits that power the magnetron and other parts of the unit have failed. if its under warranty still, send it back to the manufacturer. if not you can call some repair shops and see how much it would be to service it, but its most likely going to be cheaper to purchace a new microwave since they are relatively cheap these days, they dont make them long lasting anymore, they are a "disposable" product these days
Posted on Jan 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 03, 2010 | KitchenAid KHMS2050SSS Microwave Oven
Aug 24, 2010 | GE Microwave Ovens
May 18, 2010 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven
Mar 28, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Mar 18, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Sep 22, 2008 | Sharp R-1610 Microwave Oven
May 15, 2008 | LG LMV2055ST Microwave Oven
Mar 21, 2008 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Nov 30, 2007 | Microwave Ovens
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: