Question about HP Photosmart D7260 Printer
Click Start and then go to Printers and Faxes (XP), Printers(Vista), Devices and Printers(Win 7)
1. Right Click on your printer Icon 2. Click Open or See What's Printing 3. Click the option that says Printer on the upper left corner of the window that pops up. 4. Make sure the only thing that is checked under that menu is Set As Default Printer. 5. If Use Printer Offline or Pause Printing has a check mark. Uncheck it.
Try printing again. I hope this helped.
Posted on Feb 04, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Go to control panel, then select printers. Then, from the list of printers (if you have more than one), right click on your printer and make sure "Use printer Online" is checked.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Jan 12, 2010
Hey jonboy - You do not want to delete it. It is automatically installed with Vista. In simple terms, you know when you go to print something and it asks you questions like print all pages, print page 1, etc? Well XPS basically is there for so when you go to print, you have the option of printing to a file instead of paper. You've always had that option ( whether or not you knew it) but this is just a new way of doing it and that's why it's listed under printers. It's sort of like a virtual printer. I'll say no more about that and just hope you understood what I said. As far as the other printer, it's already selected as default, go back in where you found the printer status, right click on your Photosmart and click on use online. That should do the trick.
I hope you understood this stuff. If this solves your problem PLEASE rate this as fixed. If you still have a problem, DON'T RATE it yet just add a comment and I'll be happy to assist you further. Thanks.
Posted on May 09, 2008
Download and install this Critical Update for your printer directly from HP.
There have been cases where if the PC is turned off or goes into hibernate this can occur. To work around this issue the "HP CUE DeviceDescovery Service" must be disabled:
1) Click on the "Start Menu" icon on the bottom left corner of the screen, type "services.msc" in the "Start Search" edit box, and hit enter. This will trigger Vista to pop-up a "User Account Control" dialog to prompt for permission to continue. Click "Continue" to allow Vista to open the Services management console application.
2) The Services management console application is made up of 2 panels. The right panel contains a list of all services available on the system. Scroll thru this list and look for a service called "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service".
3) Right-click on "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service" and select "Properties" to open the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog.
4) From the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog, click on the "General" tab. If the "Service status" shows that the service has started, click on the "Stop" button to force the service to stop.
5) Change the "Start type" to "Disabled" and click on the "OK" button on the bottom of the dialog to apply the changes.
1. Set the printer to a static IP address
2. Logon to the machine as the administrator or with admin rights.
3. Remove/Reinstall the printer using the IP address
Posted on Dec 14, 2008
SOURCE: MY PRINTER OFFLINE
I don't have a solution for this problem. I have a comment. I have the same types of issues with my HP. I hate HP. Why is it that we can design software to remotely fly fighter jets but we can't get reliable software to print wirelessly? I am now going to throw my HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One in the road.
Posted on Aug 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 28, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 19, 2010 | HP PhotoSmart 7660 InkJet Printer
Jun 25, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 12, 2010 | HP Photosmart Premium C309A All-In-One...
Jan 09, 2010 | HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One InkJet...
Oct 13, 2009 | HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One InkJet...
Oct 05, 2009 | HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One InkJet...
Jun 29, 2009 | HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One InkJet...
Jul 01, 2008 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
262 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!