Question about Washing Machines
If the water is still in the drum and you can hear the pump engageing then you would have something either caught in the pump or in the drain line. If they pump is unable to push the water out the drain line then the water will stay in the tub best thing to do is remove the bottom panel and have a shop vac and a small pan nearby disconnect the two hoses that go to the pump and see if there is anything caught in the pump or in the lines put the pan under where you seperate the hoses and turn on the shop vac to **** up the water this way no water on your floor and when you undue the clamp on the hose dont just pull of the hose slowly take off the hose so it leaks into the pan slowly here are the steps to checking your pump and hoses
Pull both hoses off the pump and check for any item causing a slow pump out
1. Unplug the washer
2. Take of the toe panel in the front by removing the three screws.
3. Get a bunch of towels (I mean a bunch!!!)
4. The pump is in the center, and it has a plastic grip handle that one can unscrew to remove the filter. As you unscrew it, LOTS of water will come out. Be ready with the towels. A cookie sheet helps to collect the water too.
5. Clean the filter assembly.
6. If one wishes to check the inlet of the pump, remove the back panel, about 12 screws. (Note, the following works for replace the pump as well)
7. Remove the large bellow from the bottom of the tub that goets to inlet of the pump by removing the clamp
9. Lift up on the plastic cover that covers the wires that power the pump. There may be a small plastic catch that is lifted up as to allow the connector to become free.
8. Remove the Torx screw that holds that is the center just under the filter screen.
9. Pull the pump forward.
10. Unclamp the pump outlet hose.
11. Remove pump
12. Unclamp the large bellow on the pumps inlet and inspect for debris.
13. Clean pump and fitler w/o getting water on the pump.
14. Install in reverse order
if you have any further questions please message me back and please remember when our chat is concluded to rank how this opinion has helped thanks again Rick
Posted on Jan 02, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 21, 2012 | Washing Machines
Jan 04, 2012 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Aug 26, 2011 | GE WPRE6150HWT
May 07, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Aug 20, 2009 | Maytag Washing Machines
Jul 28, 2009 | Whirlpool WFW9200S Front Load Washer
May 20, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
May 21, 2018 | Asko W6461 Front Load Washer
May 21, 2018 | Zanussi Washing Machines
347 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!