Question about Kenmore Washing Machines
Are you using HE detergent? SUD is exactly what you think it is. F2 means there's a drain issue, meaning the washer isn't draining completely. This error can occur when the washer fills with suds due to either using inappropriate detergent or using detergent of any kind during the Clean Washer cycle. Have any of these things happened? If so, run the "Rinse and Drain" cycle a couple times to flush the machine.
The pump has a button trap that can get plugged, unplug the Washer, remove the bottom service panel 3/4 screws at the very bottom, you will see a white plastic device that has a round cap that unscrews counter clock wise. if you have a shop vac. set for water keep it handy to keep the mess to a minimum. If you have infants their socks are small enough to get into the pump, get a mesh garment bag put the small items iin it and zip it closed;
Pull both hoses off the pump and check for any item causing a slow pump out
1. Unplug the washer
2. Take of the toe panel in the front by removing the three screws.
3. Get a bunch of towels (I mean a bunch!!!)
4. The pump is in the center, and it has a plastic grip handle that one can unscrew to remove the filter. As you unscrew it, LOTS of water will come out. Be ready with the towels. A cookie sheet helps to collect the water too.
5. Clean the filter assembly.
6. If one wishes to check the inlet of the pump, remove the back panel, about 12 screws. (Note, the following works for replace the pump as well)
7. Remove the large bellow from the bottom of the tub that goets to inlet of the pump by removing the clamp
9. Lift up on the plastic cover that covers the wires that power the pump. There may be a small plastic catch that is lifted up as to allow the connector to become free.
8. Remove the Torx screw that holds that is the center just under the filter screen.
9. Pull the pump forward.
10. Unclamp the pump outlet hose.
11. Remove pump
12. Unclamp the large bellow on the pumps inlet and inspect for debris.
13. Clean pump and fitler w/o getting water on the pump.
14. Install in reverse order.
if you have any further questions please message me back and please remember when our chat is concluded to rank how this opinion has helped in your appliance situation Thanks again Rick
Posted on Jan 02, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 26, 2015 | Washing Machines
Jan 06, 2015 | Kenmore Elite Sears & Other Brands...
Oct 12, 2012 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Aug 21, 2012 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Feb 27, 2011 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jul 27, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jan 03, 2010 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Nov 02, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Oct 29, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Oct 13, 2008 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: