Question about Whirlpool GH7155XHS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Inside white top part of microwave got shoot from small fire. How do you clean shoot. I have tried several chemicals but tough black stains are not fading away. Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Whirlpool Master
  • 9,047 Answers

There are many good suggestions for cleaning and deodorizing microwaves here.

If the waveguide cover / stirrer cover is damaged, it will need to be replaced.

You can find links to helpful exploded view diagrams and part ordering help here.

I recommend that you bookmark that link to your favorites.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer

Posted on Jan 02, 2011

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

A small fire starts when Whirlpool microwave Model MH1170XS is on.


Unplug and do not plug back into power this unit.

Someone needs to open and see what is burning etc.

This could be a fire hazard.

Dec 21, 2012 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

A plastic container with hidden piece of metal caught fire in my Sharp r1490 and burned with a big flame. Several small holes were burned in the ceiling panel. Are we in danger of radiation exposure/ is...


The microwave oven is not safe to use, the fire has compromised the interior of the oven, if you run the microwave it will start to arc and eventually short out the magnetron, because the white enamel paint has been burned away. If you have holes in the ceiling there is danger of radiation leakage, for safety reasons the oven should be replaced.

Feb 23, 2011 | Sharp R-1490 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave not heating or cooking


Use the GE trouble shooting guide from the Service and Parts envelope that GE usually hides in the unit. Remove the plastic exhaust grill and look on the left hand side for a small black envelope with white lettering held in a slot. Kind of hidden...

Nov 28, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Inside white porcelain paint has defects


It should be sanded smooth and clean and dried thoroughly.

Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.

It's normally enamel on sheet metal, not porcelain.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jan 16, 2009 | Jenn-Air JMV8186AA Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I would like to know how to clean the inside of my microwave,the wrong cup was put in,and it caught on fire ,and I can't get smoke stain out. Thank you,Molly Dickerson


The smoke stain is almost impossible to remove as smoke tends to get in the pigment of the paint.

If there's a burn smell, you can try simmering a lemon juice and water mixture for several minutes in the microwave. You can also set a plate of charcoal briquettes inside and leave the door closed overnight (DON'T turn the microwave on - just let it sit). Keep the charcoal inside when not using the microwave and it will absorb a lot of the odor.

Jul 17, 2008 | GE Microwave Ovens

3 Answers

Popcorn stain in Microwave


Uhhhmmm, paint? Inside a microwave? YUCK.... that would make food taste like paint.

The yellow stain from microwave able popcorn is most likely a permanant issue. I have heard of the vinegar water, bleach etc working, but never had it work for me.

I don't recommend you painting the inside of a microwave. Some paint is flammable. Almost all paints are toxic.

May 14, 2008 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Kenmore Over the Range Microwave


If you think the window is stained, you ought to see the rest of the inside! Wife is probably right. (wink, wink, nod, nod)
Actually, you can take the cover off, remove the front panel without much effort and clean everything and get a lot more life out of it. Microwaves usually die because of heat related problems caused by buildup of yuck on the guts.
Hope Ya Make your Wife Happy!

Jan 24, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I've had a fire


best way to remove the smell is to get an activated charcoal cooker hood filter (cheap and available at any hardware store) and leave it scrunched up in the microwave for a couple of days with the door shut.(also a bowl of fresh cat litter works if it is the "fuller's earth" type without extra super-scented-power-globules etc..) If you are competent enough to take the cover off (make sure you know what you are doing or get a repair man to do it) then clean all round the extractor fan blades and where the air is ducted - there may be some soot that smells in this area. If there are no obvious holes in the interior as a result of the fire then if the machine seems to work normally there is probably no problem. the only way i know to remove this type of stain is with a (plastic scotchbrite type) scourer with some neat bleach (wear gloves) or some "cif/jif" type scouring cream. if a bit of effort with one of these doesn't do the job then you are probably best to live with the stains - make sure you clean all the cleaning products off properly before cooking in the machine again. If none of this works then try microwaving some sugar until it burns (watch it and stop it the moment it catches fire if it does). Sometimes this can remove burning smells even if this sounds very stupid it can work. last resort anyway. Hope this helps :)

Mar 08, 2007 | Samsung MW5350W Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Whirlpool GH7155XHS Microwave Oven Logo

58 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Whirlpool Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

Jaime Hernandez

Level 3 Expert

2318 Answers

Are you a Whirlpool Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...