Question about RCA D61W20 61" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

New Problem with RCA D61W20

You suggested I get the flyback part and I put it in which I hope that it was interchangable between the 52" and the 61" but now I need the circuit board or whatever that big green board is because it arced and popped underneath when it was put together and turned on after that flyback part was installed. Thanks, Donna

Posted by on

  • 4 more comments 
  • dejr88 Jul 09, 2008

    Yes the board did burn all the way thru. My husband took off the old one solder the new one back on it and put everything back together and when he pushed the button to turn it on is when it arched. Donna

  • dejr88 Jul 11, 2008

    Yes I can as soon as get a picture with my digital Thanks, Donna And yes I ordered the part you told me to the reason I asked about the part was because there are 3 black prongs that snap it to the board and the side with 2 of them were not far enough apart to fit right in the holes a small sliver from each had to be taken off with a razor knife.

  • dejr88 Jul 12, 2008

  • dejr88 Jul 12, 2008

    Hello again, I hope the photo I sent is okay not even sure if you got it. Also the big red wire that hooks to the top of flyback-should it have certain amount of wire exposed to go down into hole and there was a small clip holding it in-does it need to be there? The other little round clip broke.

  • dejr88 Jul 12, 2008

  • dejr88 Jul 15, 2008

    I need to get the ring for red wire and what is the HV putty you were talking about. I sent a second picture to see if it was a better view but haven't heard back if you got it or not. I don't think after looking at the board that it went all the way thru.



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • RCA Master
  • 8,617 Answers

Donna, the 52 and 62 inch are both ITC222 chassis so the parts are the same for both models. Did the solder get shorted when you instaslled it or perhaps the HOT was shorted, as usually only a dead short will cause that type of arching. If it didnt burn a hole through the circuit board, the board should still be salvageable. Please respond to this same post and let me know wether the board is burned through our not.

Posted on Jul 08, 2008

  • 2 more comments 
  • Sonny Berry
    Sonny Berry Jul 09, 2008

    The flyback that goes in that model is the RCA 259296 flyback, you can substitute the 265409 which is for the GE TV. I always recommend the origional for that chassis which is 259296. Is that the flyback you orderd? If so there had to be a solder short somewhere. You still may be able to salvage that board using some HV putty/epoxy. can you send a picture of a closeup of the hole so I can see the trace runners?

  • Sonny Berry
    Sonny Berry Jul 11, 2008

    Thats just because that same flyback fits over 174 different Model RCA and GE with both the ITC222. and the ICC222 chassis. So often you need to do a little adjusting with the Clips depending on what version of the chassis you have.

  • Sonny Berry
    Sonny Berry Jul 12, 2008

    I saw the picture but could see where it was burnt. However yes the large red wire does need to have about 1/4 inch bared wire at the end as does the smaller wire that goes into the flyback. The clip your talking about is the little plastic Ring that secures the wire. Yes you need that or else the large red wire will sizzle and hiss. Thats the ring that secures it the wire inside the flyback.

  • Sonny Berry
    Sonny Berry Jul 15, 2008

    Yes I saw your pic. I located a source for the putty I am posting a link there is no minimum order so one package should be plenty. The red lock ring is a dealer Item. any shop which services TVs should be able to get you one most have them in stock. You need a HV lead retaining lock is what its called.Heres the link for the HV putty

    I would check the horizontal output transistor as it may be shorted as that could cause the arching or one of the diodes next to the flyback on that circuit.



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Need flyback for d61w20 rca

Try Suburban Electronics on the internet, they sell a lot of generic flybacks for RCA sets.

Dec 14, 2012 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

I've replaced cp150 cp120 cp114 capacitors and now it turns on for about 2 - 3 min and then turns off what else could it be? rca d61w20

It could be the flyback transformer or several other items all on the deflection board. Were any of the caps you replaced domed up on top?

Jun 18, 2011 | RCA D61W20 61" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

Power supply sparks when tv is turned on

That can either be the Flyback or the HV splitter. The flyback is located on the lower left hand side when looking in the rear and has a large red cable coming out of its top. The HV splitter is located in the front in the center of the set. These are both very easy and inexspensive to replace. I can post a link where you can get replacements with instructions.If you would like.

May 08, 2009 | RCA D61W20 61" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer


do you have the part number for the flyback ? I need it if you would please. send it to
thank you

Apr 01, 2009 | RCA D61W20 61" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

D61W20 RCA 55in

most probable solution is to replace the flyback 259296 you can get one at the fllowing link with free instructions

Feb 26, 2009 | RCA D61W20 61" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

Focus leads for D61W20 Rca 61" Tv

Just enough to have wire sticking out reinstall in FBT.

Jan 18, 2009 | RCA D61W20 61" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

Focus leads for Flyback transformer

Just use cutters to cut off small rubber part leave wire sticking out put in FBT.

Jan 18, 2009 | RCA D61W20 61" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer


you will need a new flyback number 259296 and also a new cp150 which is a 2200uf 25V radial capacitor. You can get replacements at the following link and they provide free installation instructions.

Sep 19, 2008 | RCA D61W20 61" Rear Projection Television

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA D61W20 61" Rear Projection Television Logo

Related Topics:

124 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74831 Answers


Level 3 Expert

905 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1213 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides