Our xbox 360 will not read the disk that we put in it. All the lights come on (and they are green, no red) and all does everything normal, the system still asks for a disk even when there is one in there. Can you help? Thanks
The motor in the dvd drive isn't spinning properly and the disk doesn't end up spinning so the laser cannot read the disk making the console believe there isn't a disk in there. So what you can do is open the console and then the dvd drive (Voids Your Warranty) and clean the motor with rubbing alcohol and some qtips or send it to MS and have it fixed. Alex
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you still have a warrenty sticker call up Microsoft and tell them that your Xbox 360 has overheated, and tell them your serial code. They will tell you if your warrenty is expired, if it's not they will ask you where you live then pick up your Xbox 360 and fix it for free. If your warrenty has expired try this. Power off the Xbox 360 and when it is off press the eject button, it might open they tray. Or try opening your Xbox 360 and remove the disk drives cables from the disk drive and the motherboard and put it back together, you should never try the towel trick really, although it works it can also give your Xbox 360 3 red lights then you have to buy X-clamps and theormo paste, just do the X-clamps and theormo paste when you get one red light. I have had two Xbox 360's, when I did the towel trick it burnt the GPU, the other one a little componante came loose, sorry for my spelling. Hope this helps =D
hello. CAUSE The three flashing red lights may indicate that your Xbox 360 console has experienced a hardware failure. Please read the letter that discusses warranty changes for three flashing red light hardware failures.
If you suspect that you are experiencing this issue, you can submit a console-repair request online. However, before you submit your request, we ask that you first try the following two steps to verify that you are indeed experiencing this issue:
1. When you turn on the console, examine the light on the power supply. The power supply light should illuminate green even if the three lights on the Ring of Light flash red. If the power supply light is not green, please follow the steps that are listed in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
906101 Xbox 360: The power supply light is red 906102 Xbox 360: The power supply light is orange 906103 Xbox 360: The power supply light is not illuminated
2. Turn off the console. Wait 10 seconds, and then turn on the console again to see whether the symptom occurs again. If your console continues to display the three flashing red lights, your console may have to be repaired. For information about how to start the repair process online, please visit http://www.xbox.com/support, and then click Console Repair in the upper-right section of the Web page.
Note: The online console repair service is currently not available in all countries or regions.
If you would rather contact Xbox Customer Support directly, please visit http://www.xbox.com/support/contact for information about how to do this.
* Microsoft XBox 360 Video Game System * Microsoft Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20 GB) * Microsoft Xbox