Question about Cycling
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
E1 error seems to indicate that the servo which controls the elliptical resistance is stuck. Here is how I fixed this (without using a "crank puller", which would be quicker by far).
You will need a very short phillips screw driver (snub nose), a long phillips screw driver, an allen key set, and crescent wrench.
- Remove the batteries from the unit.
- Remove the screws from the plastic housing (with the long phillips screw driver) on the left side. Do not forget the phillips screws at the front - they are smaller screws so don't mix them with the others. This will allow the plastic housing to flex and move around, but not come entirely off.
- Using the crescent wrench, remove the nut holding the left pedal to the crank. Carefully note the order of the washers on the crank attachment.
- Using the allen key, remove the little pedal attachment piece on the left crank arm.
- Using the short phillips screw driver, carefully reach inside the plastic housing on the top and remove the four screws holding the plastic plate on the outside of the fly wheel/crank. You will need to rotate the crank wheel to reach each of the four screws in turn on the inside of the case.
- Pull off the plastic cover for the wheel.
- Reinsert batteries and gently help the revealed cable (bottom) retract the magnet plate. In my case, the servo worked fine again after helping it retract the magnet plate that was somehow stuck/wedged.
Reverse steps to re-assemble.
Posted on Feb 20, 2010
hi there, did you get your problem solved? I am having the same problem and are searching everywhere without a satisfactory answer. hope you can help out!
Posted on Apr 30, 2011
this a matter from the supplier or factory. You must get support via ONLINE chat or phone. Since the CPU+Eprom+Rom can be information different, only the factory has the properly answer.
God bless you
Posted on Sep 27, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 18, 2012 | Schwinn 420 Elliptical Trainer
Sep 26, 2012 | Exercise & Fitness
Sep 18, 2012 | Schwinn 450 Elliptical Trainer
Oct 10, 2011 | Schwinn Exercise & Fitness
Jan 04, 2011 | Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer
Oct 21, 2010 | Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer
Sep 26, 2010 | Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer
Jan 31, 2010 | Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer
Dec 08, 2017 | Cycling
200 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!