Question about Computers & Internet
If you can send me your exact model number (and version number) which is usually located on a sticker on the underside of the router i can offer some specific instructions for you.
In general, you can follow the basic steps below.
I would recomend using WPA2 or WPA secutity over WEP. (as this is a stronger type of wireless security)
- Open a web browser on the computer.
- In the address bar of the web browser, type http://192.168.2.1 (default router ip address, you may have changed this)
- Click Login in the upper right-hand corner of the page. The router does not ship with a password, so just click Submit. (if you have already set up a password to login to the router then enter it here)
- Click on Security in the left-hand column under the Wireless heading.
- Use the drop-down menu and select "WPA/WPA2-Personal (PSK)".
- Select either WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, or WPA-PSK+WPA-PSK2 as your Authentication; doing this will set the Encryption Technique automatically.
- Enter a word or group of characters in the password (PSK) box. The Pre-Shared Key must be 8 to 63 characters in length. Note: The PSK (Pre-Shared Key) is case-sensitive ("A" is different than "a").
*NOTE* Unchecking the Obscure PSK box will allow you to see the security key that has been typed.
= Click the "Apply Changes" button to save the settings.
Any/all wireless computers that connect to this network will be required to have this Pre-Shared Key (password).
If you need assistance with how to re-configure your computers, then please provide the version of windows that you are using.
Basic steps are:
-Disable the current Wireless Connection
-Enable the Wireless Connection
-Search for available wireless networks (look for your SSID wireless network name)
-you will be prompted to enter in your PSK and then save your settings.
Posted on Jan 01, 2011
You can refer to this link for instruction:
You can also try this:
Posted on Jan 01, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 06, 2016 | Computers & Internet
on Apr 01, 2011 | Computers & Internet
on Dec 20, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 23, 2010 | Microsoft Office Word 2007 Upgrade:...
Jan 04, 2009 | Belkin (F5D9230-4) Wireless Router...
Nov 12, 2008 | Belkin (F5D5231-4) Router
Jul 20, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!