Question about Vtech LS6204 1.9 GHz 1-Line Cordless Expansion Handset
I have a 2-handset VTech CS6419 that I had been using w/o problems for months. Both HS were always plugged in and charged. One day I found the base HS would not ring and the screen had the message that I needed to register the HS. Pressing the "find HS" button to start the process only made the accessory HS, not the malfunctioning base one, ring. I solved the problem by 1) unplugging the base, 2) pulling the batteries from BOTH handsets, then 3) replugging in the base and reattaching the battery for ONLY the malfunctioning HS. 4) I then did the registration process again (press the "Find HS" button on the base for 4 seconds, then press the # button on the HS and wait.) The malfunctioning HS then registered! I then reattached the battery to the accessory HS and returned it to its' base. Problem solved!
Posted on Feb 15, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I have purchased two extra
Did you first charge the phone for at least 6 hours? Both the phone and the base need to communicate and if the hand sets are not charged they will not have enough juice to talk back. Hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 11, 2008
To be able to register your replacement handset, you must de-register all the handsets from the VT2656 base unit.
Follow the steps below to de-register your handset(s) from the VT2656 base:
1. Take out the handset that sits on the base.
2. Unplug power from the base.
3. Hold down PAGE while reconnecting power. When the In Use light blinks, release the PAGE key.
4. Hold down PAGE key for 5 seconds. When the In Use light begins to flash, release the PAGE key.
5. The handset charging light will blink 5 times. Within 5 seconds from when it stops blinking, press PAGE once.
You must register the handset(s) by following the steps below:
1. After charging the handset, remove it from the cradle, the LCD display will read "SEARCHING FOR BASE".
2. Press "NEW" and then enter the 15-digit Base ID code, located on the underside of the VT2656 base unit.
3. Press "OK". The handset will display "PLEASE WAIT!!".
4. Wait approximately 15 seconds. The handset will display "FOUND BASE". If the handset displays "BASE BUSY TRY LATER", this indicates that the system is in use. Wait until the base unit is in the idle (on hook) mode and repeat steps 2-4.
Posted on Jul 14, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 18, 2017 | Vtech Lands Phones
May 02, 2016 | Vtech Lands Phones
Jul 23, 2015 | Vtech Lands Phones
Feb 12, 2015 | Vtech DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone with Digital...
Jan 09, 2015 | Vtech Lands Phones
Jan 03, 2015 | Vtech CS6829-26 2 Handset Answering System...
May 21, 2014 | Vtech LS6204 1.9 GHz 1-Line Cordless...
Jan 06, 2014 | Vtech LS6204 1.9 GHz 1-Line Cordless...
Aug 10, 2013 | Vtech LS6204 1.9 GHz 1-Line Cordless...
Jun 08, 2013 | Vtech Lands Phones
939 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!