Question about Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I think that rock bad comes with a special guitar that is for rockband so you cant use the guitar hero guitar on rockband SAD but true. check out ebay for another rockband guitar I had to do the same.. unless we are in the same boat and I was wrong!
Posted on May 27, 2008
Here's what I did to fix the same problem on my PS2 (Slim model # SCPH-70012). This should work for all models of PS2's. (Slim or Fat). Sony says all models can read a dual layer disc. If the fix doens't work then you need to send in your PS2 for service.
1) Start up the PS2 with no disc in it.
2) Highlight the 'Browser' menu and press the 'green triangle' button.
3) Highlight the 'Console' menu and press the 'green triangle' button.
4) Highlight the Diagnostics menu and press the 'blue X' button and select 'ON'.
5) Press the 'red O' button to back out of this menu.
6) Highlight the 'PlaystationDrive' menu and press the 'green triangle' button.
7) Highlight the 'Disc Speed' menu and press the 'blue X' button and select 'FAST'.
8) Press the 'red O' button to back out of this menu.
9) Turn off your PS2.
10) This step is optional.......I blew into the main unit to loosen any dust out of it and then carefully used my shirt to wipe across the lens at the back of the drive. I'm not sure if this mattered or not. Since I did this in conjuction with the above steps I can't say if this is needed.
11) Insert the disc and turn the PS2 back on. The diagnostics should run and automatically adjust your PS2 to play the game. I was amazed! Mine loaded right up after several previous days of nothing.
12) I checked the settings after the initial load and the Diagnostics and Drive speed reset to normal so it must be a one time run thing. My game has loaded everytime since and I haven't had to re-do the settings at all.
I hope this works for you too!!
Posted on Dec 30, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 16, 2011 | RedOctane Guitar Hero III Wireless Kramer...
Feb 27, 2011 | Activision Guitar Hero 5 for PlayStation 2
May 21, 2010 | RedOctane Guitar Hero Wireless Controller...
Dec 25, 2009 | Activision Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
Aug 22, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Jun 17, 2008 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!