Question about Creative Labs Zen Digital Media Player
When I try to read from the SD card through Zen, I get an error message saying "Errors were detected. Media might not be safely removed during copy. Proceed?" Also when I tried accessing the card on my computer, it worked fine. Any idea about the problem here?
I had a similar problem and after a bit of tooling around, I was able to get this to work for me. There are a couple of steps. Basically the problem is that the memory card wasn't properly disconnected from the player at some point so it's reading filesystem errors on it as a result. (Kinda like pulling out a USB key from a computer before you've "safely removed hardware". While your computer will tolerate this, your zen will not.) Here's how to safely remove disconnect your SD card after copying files to it.
1. First, if possible, reformat your SD card. This is not critical, but is a good practice so that you can sart from scratch with a totally fresh card.
2. Next, plug in your SD card to your player and turn it on. Navigate to the memory card menu, and place the memory card in "removable disk".
3. Plug the Zen into your computer, and go to "my computer". There should be a new disk called "removable disk" which is now shown along the rest of your hard drives. (Kinda like when you plug in a USB key drive. You're essentially doing the same thing here.)
4. Copy your files to the "removable disk".
5. VERY IMPORTANT: When you are done, right-click on the removable disk and choose "eject" fromt the menu that comes up. When a popup appears saying that your hardware is safe to remove, you can unplug the zen from the computer.
6. Now navigate to your memory card using your zen player, and choose "browse". It should come up now without any error.
Posted on Mar 08, 2009
If you have virus in your SD card this kind of problem will come. For that you Format your SD card everytime we connect to your computer.
check is their any virus in your computer or not? it useful to you
keep rate meeeeee
Posted on Jul 08, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 18, 2011 | Cell Phones
on Jun 30, 2010 | Cameras
"No SD memory card inserted" messages appears when using digital cameras,
"A media card hard been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair the Media Card now?"
You can read the files on SD memory card, but you cannot write new files or you cannot edit files on SD memory card,
"Access denied", when SD card is corrupted or broken,
you can fix sd memory card errors first and them format you sd card.
Nov 05, 2009 | Motorola Mobility MOTOKRZR K1 Cellular...
"Unsupported media card inserted, format now?" error in your smart phone,
"Media is not formatted would you like to format now?" error,
you need to fix sd memory card errors first and them format you sd card.
Jun 04, 2009 | Motorola Mobility MOTOKRZR K1 Cellular...
Jun 02, 2009 | Magellan Roadmate 1200 Car GPS Receiver
May 21, 2009 | PNY 4GB microSD High Capacity Mobile Media...
Jan 02, 2009 | Creative Labs Zen Digital Media Player
Jun 10, 2008 | Nokia 5200 Cellular Phone
Aug 31, 2005 | Canon PowerShot SD200 / IXUS 30 Digital...
504 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: