Question about Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-27FS120 27" TV
While TV was on, working fine, it just shut off. Power indicator light is blinking - hit the power button on the remote, power indicator light then blinks faster, but tv does not turn on. Hit the power button again on the remote, power indicator light is on steady, tv does not turn on. ??? My tv was manufactured in November 2004 and we purchased it in December 2004; therefore, the tv is not that old. We do run it pretty steadily but like I said it is not that old. The tv had been on and sometime while I was working in the yard it shut itself off. When I came in it was off and I so I hit the power button and it sounds like it is coming on but then it shuts right back off. The tv screen goes from black to some white around the edges like it wants to come on but then shuts off. Every few seconds the power light on the tv blinks. I have tried unplugging but it still won't come on. Any ideas?
You can also try a hard reset: Unplug TV from AC mains and remove all cables from TV. Wait about 30 minutes and replug to AC power and redo the cabling. Switch on the TV and see if it works..
If you are having some problems with your Sony Television, then this post is for you. Generally speaking, when there is trouble with your Sony Television set -- it indicates the issue in either the diagnostic mode, or even more commonly by flashing a series of LED blinks or flashes on the front of your television. Each set or frequency of the blinks indicates a very specific problem with the television itself. In some cases, you may be able to repair the television set yourself -- or in the worst case you may need to order parts, call a local repair shop to the have a repairman sent out, or even purchase a new television set.
First off, here are the list of codes and what they generally mean on my set (which applies to many recent model Sony Television sets. Sony has provided a "self-diagnosis function" with your TV, that in the case of abnormalities or problems the LED or red blinking light on the Timer/Standby indicator flashes a number of times to indicate the issue. Here are the values of the various blinks.
* 0 times, Diagnosis: Power does not turn on. Possible causes include: Power cord is not plugged in, Fuse is burned out (F6001) (G board). Symptoms of the problem: Power does not come on, No power is supplied to the unit, AC power supply is faulty.
* 2 times, Diagnosis: B overcurrent (OCP). Possible causes: H. OUT (Q8024) is shorted. (D board), +B PWM (Q8035, 8038) is shorted. (D board) Symptoms of the problem: Power does not come on, Load on power line is shorted.
* 3 times, Diagnosis: +B overvoltage (OVP). Possible causes: IC501 is faulty (G board), IC5002 is faulty (G board). Symptoms of the problem: TV has entered standby mode.
* 4 times, Diagnosis: Vertical deflection stopped. Possible causes: +- 15V is not supplied. (D board), IC8003 is faulty. (A board) Symptoms of the problem: TV has entered standby state after horizontal raster, Vertical deflection pulse is stopped, Power line is shorted or power supply is stopped.
* 5 times, Diagnosis: White balance failure (Not balanced) Possible causes: Video out (IC7101, 7201, 7301) is faulty (CR, CG, CB board), CRT drive (IC309) is faulty (A board), G2 is improperly adjusted. Symptoms of the problem: No raster is generated, CRT cathode current detection reference pulse output is small.
* 6 times, Diagnosis: LOW B OCP/OVP (Overcurrent/over voltage). Possible causes: +5 line is overloaded. (A, B boards), +5 line is shorted. (A, B boards). Symptoms of the problem: No picture.
* 7 times, Diagnosis: Horizontal deflection stopped. Possible cause: Q8035, 8038 is shorted. (D board)
* 8 times, Diagnosis: High voltage error. Possible cause: T8005 is faulty. (D board)
* 9 times, Diagnosis: Audio error. Possible causes: +- 19V line is shorted. (A, B boards), IC708 is faulty. (A board), PS701 or PS702 is opened. (A board). Symptoms of the problem: No sound
If you would like to attempt a DIY, you will need a service manual to guide you. You can find one here:
However, be aware that there are voltages inside your TV set that can kill, even if unplugged.
Posted on Jul 08, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2013 | Televison & Video
Apr 01, 2012 | Toshiba 36AF43 36" TV
Oct 11, 2011 | Panasonic PT-47WX49 47" Rear Projection...
May 29, 2011 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-13FS100 13" TV
Standby/Power light of the TV blinks when there is any internal malfunction in
the TV. The self-diagnostic function of the TV will cause the STANDBY light to
blink or flash when the television detects an issue. The number of times the
STANDBY light flashes corresponds to a specific issue.
examples are given below; some of the issues may be resolved without the need
1 blink / 2 blinks / 5 blinks: - This indicates that there may be a power-related problem with your set.
3 blinks: - This indicates that there may be a power-related problem with your set. The set will need to be serviced to allow a technician to determine the specific issue that needs to be repaired. If the power light flashes three times in sequence in a Lamp TV, the lamp cover is not securely attached. Reattach the lamp cover to resolve this issue.
4 blinks: - This indicates that there may be a back light or lamp power problem.
6 blinks: - This indicates that there is some kind of audio problem with your set.
7 blinks: - This indicates that there is a temperature problem with your set. Please check to make sure that the air vents on the sides and back of the set are not blocked or clogged and there is adequate ventilation around the television. We recommend that you check and clean the vents periodically to make sure the set receives adequate air flow. If the problem continues, the set will need to be serviced.
8 blinks: - This indicates that there may be a video-related problem with your set. If the flash sequence is not listed above or the light continues to flash, follow the steps below to perform a power reset:
Try the following steps to check if the issue can be resolved.
Turn off the television.
Unplug the television power cord from the electrical outlet.
Let the television remain without power for 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
the television is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from
the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet.
If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge
protector and not the television.
the issue continues to occur, service may be required.
for using Fixya.
Mar 02, 2011 | Sony KDF-E42A10 42 in. LCD Television
Feb 14, 2010 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36HS510 36" TV
Nov 11, 2007 | RCA D61W20 61" Rear Projection Television
Aug 06, 2007 | Sony KV-32FS13 TV
Jan 11, 2006 | Toshiba 43H70 43" Rear Projection...
1,878 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: