Question about AutoZone

Open Question

Need GM Auto Trak II transfer case fluid Do you carry it?

Posted by on


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Z71 transfer case

Transfer Case
NVG 236 and 246 Auto-Trak II Fluid Gm P/N 12378508 NVG 261 and 263 Manual Transmission Fluid GM P/N 88861800

Aug 18, 2013 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

What type of fluid do i use in my transfer case

If you have the manual transfer case (lever actuated), use DEXRON-III Automatic Transmission Fluid. If you have an automatic transfer case (push button actuated), you should use the fluid that GM recommends. Some owners' manuals may say to use Automatic Transfer Case Fluid (GM Part No. 12378396), which is a reddish colored fluid. GM has a new Auto Trak II Transfer Case Fluid (GM Part No. 12378508), which has a bluish color to it. The newer fluid has better friction modifiers. While your doing the job, it's a good idea to change the drain and fill plugs (GM Part No. 15032997) out too.

Nov 19, 2012 | 1998 Chevrolet K1500

1 Answer

2002 envoy trans problem--second 1 thats burned out the trans and transfere case has th same fluid in it

The two units do not share or mix fluids. The transmission needs automatic transmission fluid and the transfer case uses ONLY Auto-Trak II fluid (only available at GM dealer). Do not put any other fluid in either.

Aug 29, 2012 | 2002 GMC Envoy

1 Answer

Tranfer case fluid takes trak 2 can i use some thing eles

NO, GM Trac II is the only recommended fluid for the transfer case.

Jul 31, 2011 | GMC Sierra 1500 Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

What is the replacement fluid for transfer case fluid (GM part no. 12378396) for 2000 silverada

Use only auto-trak II in automatic t-case . Use dextron III in manual t-case. You will need two qt.'s

Aug 03, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Silverado

3 Answers

What kind of oil goes in the transfer case for the four wheel drive

If it's a manual case ( pull stick ) then it's dexron III automatic trans fluid , if it's automatic ( push button ) then use GM part # 12378396

Jul 15, 2010 | 1999 GMC Sierra

1 Answer

Changing transfer case oil need to now what to put back in. Autozone is say its a dealer item???

I hate to say it but there right.
Auto Trak II fluid
GM part number 12378508

Will take 2 qts. to fill it.

Jun 17, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe

1 Answer

I have a 1998 bravada with the smart trak system. No fuses are blown and all wiring has been checked and no breaks were found. Ive been told that it can be the motor on the trandfer case or possibly a...

I have 2K bravada. Make sure you have serviced your transfer case with the "blue" GM Auto-trac II fluid. The "encoder" motor is a common failure item also. Unplugging it at the transfer case should cause the "service smart trac" light on dash to appear. This tells you that probably the encoder controller is good. Only buy the GM/Delphi/AC Delco motor, or you'll be changing it often. Try "thepartsladi" on eBay!

Feb 02, 2010 | 1998 Oldsmobile Bravada

1 Answer

1999 olds bravada smart trac four wheel dosent engage

Probably the transfer case encoder motor. Unplugging it at the wiring harness should make the "service awd or smart trac" light come on. This will tell you the awd controller module is probably OK. Common failure item to Bravada's. Try "thepartsladi" eBay store for lowest price motor, beware aftermarket!!! Also make sure transfer case fluid is "blue" GM Auto-Trak II only! If not bllue when checking change twice after driving for a week with blue fluid.

Oct 21, 2009 | 1999 Oldsmobile Bravada

2 Answers

Ned to change the oil in transfer case

The Z71 typically comes with the auto 4wd transfer case (cannot remember the GM number). This requires AutoTrak II, which is available at a GM dealer. Do not use any other fluid in this transfer case! The previous post was correct in the location of the two plugs, but not on the fluid (the other types of transfer cases by GM use ATF). The transfer case is located under the truck right under the cab. There is a small skid plate under it, and a large driveshaft leaves the rear end of the case heading to the rear differential (axle). If you have the manual or electronic w/o auto 4WD transfer case, you can use Dexron III, but Dexron VI is a better fluid that is also now available at your local auto parts store. Again, if you have the AUTO 4WD button in the dash, use the AutoTrak II fluid from the dealer.

Apr 19, 2009 | 2003 GMC Sierra 1500

Not finding what you are looking for?
AutoZone Logo

Related Topics:

165 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top AutoZone Apps Experts


Level 3 Expert

76682 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

Erin Wood
Erin Wood

Level 3 Expert

468 Answers

Are you an AutoZone App Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides