a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Make sure no metal item (forks-spoons or oven rack) is touching the outer wall of the microwave. That will cause sparks. If all that is OK then there is usually a metal fan type blade in the microwave top called a stirrer blade that may be out of place and rubbing the cavity causing sparks. Try to pin point the spark area so you know where to look for the problem. Sparks usually mean metal is touching metal somewhere.
Generally once they start sparking it is the end of the microwave. If they are sparking in the cavity sometimes cleaning the cavity thoroughly will stop this. If it is in the wave guide. there really is no fix.
Microwaves use a magnetron to generate microwave energy and direct it a rotating blade wheel to spread them around the inside of the oven. If there is any metal in the area to be heated, or any of the blades are bent, even a bit, the microwave energy can be reflected back up to the magnetron area. In this area there is now too much power and it sparks away, so it does not heat the item in the oven.
Because it is sparking it is now a safety hazard the sparks may melt and set fire to plastic parts in it. This is serious it could burn your house down. Bin this microwave and cut the cable off it to make sure no one else ever uses it.
If the sparks are happening on the inside of the microwave's cooking area while you are cooking, then make sure you clean the inner surfaces really well. Be sure to remove any cooked on food particles that may have splashed up during cooking.
If the cleaning does not work, you may need to replace the waveguide cover. Click on the following Youtube video link for an instructional video on the process:
A dirty or damaged wave guide cover can cause sparks, fire and noises. You can order a replacement wave guide cover from many appliance parts websites for less than $15 in many cases. It should fix the problem.
YOU SHOULD NOT RUN MICRO WITHOUT ANY THING IN IT / THIS WILL OVER LOAD THE MAG TUBE . AND SOME TIMES FRY IT .. The sparking and arcing is probably a bad wave guide . this is sometimes caused by food splater / it gets in the cracks and corners and then cooks till it truns to carbon which conduts the micro's and thus arching .. clean it good and touch up any burns in the metal and repl wave guide cover. mm hope this will help .. mm
First of all - can you plug other devices into the outlet w.o. a problem (like a coffee maker or hairdryer?)
If yes, then it's the microwave, not the curcuitry in your house.
any electrical device that spraks should not be used until it can be serviced by a qualified technician. chances are if it's less than a year old, you may still be in warranty. Especially this being a microwave, please be careful, as a short could mean that you might get exposed to dangerous rays. if it is not an expensive microwave, i'd recommend purchasing a new one. if it is costly, contact the manufacturer to inquire about warranty - if out of warranty, bring it to a local appliance place and get a quote for repair. please do not use the device until you have done one of the above.
That panel is probably mics, not netla, though it may look like metal.
The job of the waveguide cover is to protect the waveguide (opening) and the magnetron from buildup of food particles and grease.
When the grease and food particles build up on and behind the cover, they will carbonize and arc - and maybe even flame up!
The solution is to clean it and keep it clean - but if it's too dirty or is burned, it must be replaced.
Sometimes it's necessary to remove the cover to clean both sides of it, and to clean the edges of the opening it covers.
It is sometimes held in place with a small plastic rivet (or screw) and once that is removed, the cover will slide over a little then drop down.
Be VERY careful not to get cut on the potentially sharp edges of the opening, and do not spray anything into the opening.
Apply an alcohol-based cleaner (such as the purple kind) and /or gentle scouring powder to a cloth or paper towel and carefully wipe it out, then when it's dry, reinstall the cover and the rivet.
I suggest to my customers that they NEVER use any ammonia-based cleaner (like the blue stuff) on a microwave, since the ammonia will crack and distort polycarbonate plastics.
Can't tell you much about your little rectangle, but sparks can result from left over food particles that got carbonized, and a good cleaning might get rid of it, unless you like looking at the sparks(I heard you shouldn't stare at a microwave while working though, washing machines are safer).
make sure you unplug it while cleaning or doing anything else, those micros are dangerous as hell.