Question about DeLonghi MW 535 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Mica -sparking and on fire

Hi my micro wave went on fire and my husband pulled this part out as this was the problem-but i dont no what to do now -can i use it? when can i get it replaced? or can i cut of the burnt bit?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • DeLonghi Master
  • 8,820 Answers

If your waveguide cover is burned, it will need to be replaced.

You can order spares here.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Jul 08, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

Hole burned in panel inside next to ligt


take it in for repairs or just replace it

Apr 26, 2015 | Sharp Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Why would my kenmore micro wave model 721.66463500 just go dead, no power


There may be a weakened connection around the main power supply 'Transformer'. Sometimes the connections can overheat but if they are removed and replaced it may again make contact. I've had a similar problem and found parts from similar brands to replace the connecting/wiring parts. I soon realized that I could have removed the extra pieces around the wires without causing any electrical problems. That is the minor repair. The major repair would be to replace one of the main features (large or small) which assist the transformer in power functions. Take your time examining the tiniest parts and pieces.

Jun 23, 2014 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Sparks from wave guide


the magnetron may have burnt itself up. it may be time to replace

Nov 05, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Replacement mica cover for sanyo d95535n microwave


Hi there micro
There are things that the microwave does not like. One of them is aluminium or metal for that matter.
You can buy plastic hoods or just cover the plate with plastic film not forgetting to pierce the film in several places in order to let the steam escape.
all the best
Kolbrun

Apr 09, 2012 | Sanyo Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Try2910227 serial ywmh2205xvb-0 model arcing on the back corner were the rack sits.Is there a way to repair this seen is the unit was purchaced in June of 2011.


Yes, take the rack out and recycle it. I do not know why these micro-wave company put racks in the micro wave ovens. You get some insulation on the inside the micro flaking off next the rack.


The mega-tron tube is a very high energy transmitter. The energy will come out of the top inside the micro wave oven in a wave guide. Micro wave energy that generation by the tube is high frequency into Gega Hertz. You have a metal tray in side the micro wave acts like a big capacitor it stores energy in form of heat the next you know it look like Marconi is putting on a lighting display.



Leave the wire tie on a loft of bread and put in you micro wave oven to defrost. The next thing you might see is a load bread burning, instant toast. ----The use of micro wave were invented by the British before WWII. The mega tron tube generation very high frequency radio wave and these wave struck an object 100 miles away some of this beam energy would balance back to a receiver-----You have Radar.... I wish you and your family well being and be careful of micro wave ovens it can burn from inside out. GB you...stewbison

Aug 22, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My built-in microwave, 2001 build UMC5100ADW emits sparks from behind cardboard panel. Suspect magnatron, or maybe metal deposits in cardboard. Looking for a replacement to fit the frame...


That "Cardboard" item is a wave guide cover and is critical part of the machine.
It is made of mica and needs replacing. The magnetron is OK as long as it does not spark too much or get any foreign items in there.
Replace the wave guide cover.

Feb 27, 2011 | Maytag Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My Galaxy over-the-range micro #80009401 has a 4"


That sheet is called the Wave Guide Cover and must be replaced. It is made of Mica and protectes the magnetron and aerial.

Feb 03, 2011 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My Emerson microwave is about 2 years old. I washed it just like I do every week and the power went out on it.


you mean it want power up or want work when you press the star buttom?
1. check the fuse if no power.

2. If it doesn't work when closing the door after setting timer it is the micro switch that the metal lach hits when the door close.

3. unpluge the micro wave unscew the scews to the cover of the microwave remove the cover. up front by the door you will see the micro switch maybe (brown,black,white,red/white ) what ever color it is disconet it take it to the hardware store buy a new one and replace it,themreasemble your micro wave.

Oct 30, 2010 | Emerson Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Micro wave door closes but micro wave doesn't work


Hi,

Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....

Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips

heatman101

Aug 30, 2010 | Sanyo EM-A5200SW Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
DeLonghi MW 535 Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

152 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top DeLonghi Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Michael Thomas
Michael Thomas

Level 3 Expert

3051 Answers

Are you a DeLonghi Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...