My daughter amilo 2727 crashed, i had to order the media set from siemens but nothing is happening when i insert the recovery disc
Caution: The entire contents of the hard disk including any partitions will be lost.
Note: The following message may appear when disks (CDs/DVDs) are inserted:
"An unidentified program is attempting to access the computer"
Confirm this message with "Allow Access" if you are certain of the source
and its origin. This query is intended to protect your operating system and is
generated prior to system files being accessed. For example, it appears
during the installation process for programs and drivers.
4.2.1 Restoring the operating system
1. With the machine turned on. Insert the Product Recovery CD/DVD into the optical
2. Turn the machine off, wait a moment and then turn it back on.
3. When the prompt "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …" appears on the
screen for the first time, press any key on the keyboard.
.Caution! This message will appear after each restart during the installation
process. Please ignore this message in these cases as the
computer is only booted from CD/DVD once.
4. In the "Install Windows" menu select "Installation Language", "Time and
Currency Format" and "Keyboard or Input Method", click on "Next" and then on
5. Accept the "Windows Licence Conditions" and click on "Next" to proceed with
6. In the "Type of Installation" menu select "User-defined".
7. In the "Where would you like to install Windows" menu, select the partition on
which you would like to install your operating system.
If you would like to install Windows on a specific partition with sufficient storage
capacity, select it and then click on "Next".
If you wish to create a new partition or extend, delete or format an existing one,
click on "Drive options (extended)", select the desired option and click on "Next".
The installation process will start. The hard disk will be wiped and reformatted.
Files from the CD/DVD will copied on to the hard disk and expanded, and functions
and updates installed. This may take a few minutes. The machine will
automatically report a restart.
8. Now follow the on-screen instructions until the "Welcome Screen" appears.
9. Remove the Product Recovery CD/DVD from the optical drive.
To install the drivers, additional software and to restore the online documentation, insert
the Drivers & Utilities CD/DVD supplied into the optical drive.
4.2.3 Restoring additional software onto notebooks (drivers, documentation, hot
The Drivers & Utilities CD/DVD allows your system's drivers, software and hot fixes to
be installed and restored. The installation and restore can be performed without having
to shut down Windows.
Proceed as follows:
hope this helps- here is the manual address if you need to look at it---please feel free to post more questions as you proceed..
Oct 07, 2008 |