Question about Jenn-Air JMC7000 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

The microwave is making a loud humming noise when it is on and it isn't heating. It also has a burning smell. We had this microwave repaired replacing the magnetron and diode in Jan. 2006.

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 472 Answers

Sounds like same problem again.... the magnetron is what does the heating and if the display is working and just humming sounds like the mag is not coming on .... could be the capacitor but most likely the magnetron again..... i am a appliance /heating and air company out of texas we work on these things everyday and is very common problem... thanks a/c and heating unlimited good luck

Posted on Dec 31, 2010

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Microwave oven MH8150XJT0 is NOT HEATING -- MAKING LOUD, DEEP HUMMING SOUND -- SMELLS LIKE ELECTRICAL BURNING


Hi,
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with yourMicrowave Oven....

Basic Microwave Oven TroubleshootingTips

heatman101

Apr 02, 2011 | Whirlpool MH8150XJ Microwave Oven

2 Answers

We were using the microwave the other night and it started making a loud noise like the fan was running (although the fan was not). We let it sit for awhile and try to use it again but the noise came...


The loud noise and no heat means that the magnetron has failed. It the part that generates the microwaves that heat the food. When it fails it shorts out, causing the transformer to heat up. That is what was causing the burning smell. The cost of a replacement magnetron is around $130-150 range so it may not make sense to have it fixed.

Mar 24, 2011 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Generic problem for all Kenmore Microwave


Loud hum is usually due to faulty hv diod, resonance capacitor, or the magnatrone feed thru capacitor , chk it with a ohm meter , one by one n replace it .. zaheer Islamabad

Dec 31, 2009 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Our Sharp microwave oven turns on, makes a loud humming noise, starts to smell like something is burning, but doesn't heat. Well, actually, we don't think it heats, we're too scared to let it run because...


Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} This can be caused by grease etc. inside the oven and on the wave guide which is the paper like thing in the oven. If you can remove it look for burnt areas which may can be scraped off or you may need to replace it. An appliance parts store usually has the material you can cut to fit you own.

Dec 10, 2009 | Sharp R-530ES Microwave Oven

1 Answer

JVM 1660WB 003 GE Profile Microwave humming sound/burning smell


the magnetron the unit has gone bad.sometimes there is burning smell as u mentioned.it is little expensive repair arond $ 150.00.find out the price of new unit plus iistallation/delivery chg and then make a decision.

Aug 17, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

GE Microwave making loud humming noise


humming sound is your magneto going out Dont have any idea of the cost for replacement however it may be cheaper to purchase another microwave than to repair this one. Good Luck

Dave

Jul 16, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

GE Spacemaker XL1800(JVM1850CF001) - Loud Humming noise


You either have a bad magnetron tube (5 or 10 year parts warranty item through GE Factory Service 1-800-432-2737 or www.geappliances.com) or a shorted high voltage rectifier. I think the light being out is a secondary problem.

Dec 18, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Microwave makes loud noise and does not heat. Smell of light burning


The noise is coming from the high-voltage transformer being overloaded by something shorting it out. Either the magnatron or the high-voltage capacitor and diode. Replace the capacitor and diode then if still not working, replace the magnatron. Its only affordable if you do it yourself - buy the part on EBAY - lookup "universal magnatron"
Hope ya fix it!

Feb 06, 2008 | Whirlpool GH8155XJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Maytag Rangehood Microwave Loud Humming


Sounds like you just fried your magnetron. Normally when they go bad, they make a very loud noise like what you described. The smell concerns me because you may have ruined the waveguide as well. If the magnetron burns through the protective painted surface of the waveguide, the waveguide is ruined. In most microwave ovens this means replacing the entire unit because the waveguide is not replaceable. Putting a new magnetron in a damaged waveguide will result in the same arcing and eventual failure. In addition to the magnetron, the following components are part of the same high voltage network: HV Transformer HV Diode HV Capacitor Magnetron Thermal Cut-Out Any one of these components could have also been damaged. I DO NOT recommend taking any voltage measurements inside the HV network. Potentials of over 4000 volts can be reached and make it very dangerous for the do-it-yourselfer. Taking resistance readings with the unit unplugged is strongly encouraged. If you decide to pursue a repair, inspect the magnetron tip and inside of the waveguide first. If the magnetron is melted and/or there are burn marks inside the waveguide, a new microwave may be a in order. This actually may be a better option than an expensive repair. I hope you find this advice helpful.

Jul 31, 2007 | Whirlpool GH4155XP Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Jenn-Air JMC7000 Microwave Oven Logo

339 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Jenn-Air Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9085 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5187 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Are you a Jenn-Air Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...