Question about Logitech Webcam
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I am sorry to say but this is a physical problem, so there is no fix.
if you got the webcam recently, send it back from where you got it from and get a new one or a refund but otherwise, it is good for the bin.
i had a webcam do that to me a few weeks ago and the computer is stopping itelf being fried from surges from the webcam, so best not to try to use the webcam anymore because the computer cant keep protecting etself, eventualy it will damage the computer and will be expensive to repair.
Sorry, there is nothing much that can be done if it cant be sent back to the manufacturer
Posted on Dec 27, 2008
SOURCE: Hello. I can't install my
Disconnect the camera from the USB port and reinstall the software program. When the program asks you to connect the camera to the USB port, thendo so and it should work okay. You will need to use Skype or other messenger to use on line. Here is info for you to use. Bud
Normal 0 Web Camera’s have to be setup on the program they areto be used with. Just installing thecamera on your computer does not set it up to broadcast on messengers or Skype.
Each program has Options that have to be setup in order forthe Audio and Video to function properly.
A. Skype Setup:
After downloading and installing Skype set it up as follows:
The camera and audio should function properly. Your friends and Family will now see andtalk to you.
B. Yahoo Setup:
After downloading and installing Yahoo Messenger setit up as follows:
When done both the Audio and Video will function properly soyou can chat and see family or friends you are connected to.
Hope this helps. Bud
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
Afteer you get your camera installed properly, DO NOT unplug it from the USB port as it will cause the drivers to be corrupt and render the camera unusable till reinstalled properly.
Follow the instructions below and it will work.
Disconnect the Camera from the USB port and reinstall the CD or Downloaded software program.
When the program asks you to connect the camera to the USB port, do so and it should work.
Then to use it on the Web, do this.
Web Camera’s have to be setup on the program they are to be used with. Just installing the camera on your computer does not set it up to broadcast on messengers or Skype.
Each program has Options that have to be setup in order for the Audio and Video to function properly.
A. Skype Setup:
After downloading and installing Skype (http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/download/skype/windows/beta/downloading/) set it up as follows:
1. Go to Tools, then Options, and click on Audio Settings and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
2. Then click on the Video Settings.
3. The camera if Installed Properly will come up and show a video picture.
4. Then, on the bottom of the page click on Save.
The camera and audio should function properly. Your friends and Family will now be able to see and her to you.
B. Yahoo Setup:
After downloading and installing Yahoo Messenger (http://www.soft32.com/download_30.html ) set it up as follows:
1. Go to Messenger at the top left and click on it.
2. Next go down to Preferences and click on it.
3. Next Calling and Devices on the right and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
4. Next go to the Test Audio section and (in blue writing) click on “Open the call setup assistant” and follow the instructions on the left window.
C. Windows Live Messenger:
1. After you start Windows Live Messenger, expand the view by clicking on the square on top left next to the red X.
2. Then on the Windows Live messenger window on the right side, click on “ “Show Menus.” And then click on “Show the Menu Bar”.
3. Next go to the Menu Bar on right side, click on “ “Action.”
4. Go to “TOOLS” and click “Audio and Video Setting” and follow the instructions.
NOTE: Your audio and video should work. Enjoy.
When done both the Audio and Video will function properly so you can chat and see family or friends you are connected to.
D. AIM (AOL) Messenger
1. On the VIM sign-in window click on Edit.
2. Then click on Settings Enhanced IM.
3. Next click on Enhanced IM.
4. Then click on Audio Video.
5. The Audio and Video portion has drop downs so you can select the proper audio card and video camera installed in you computer.
The Audi Video drop downs are
Adjust Your Audio and Video Settings:
In order to adjust your audio and video settings, please follow the steps given below:
1. Click the Audio and Video Settings button directly below the My Buddy or My Camera window. If you are currently participating in an AOL Live Video IM session, a message will display: You must disconnect the current AOL Live Video IM conversation before running setup. Would you like to disconnect now? Click the Yes button.
2. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers and microphone are working properly. Follow the on-screen prompts.
· The first time you use AOL Live Video IM, a message will display: Would you like to first check your audio and video settings? Click the Yes button. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers and microphone are working properly. Follow the on-screen prompts.
· images in AOL Live Video IM may appear reversed, or as a mirror image (text may appear backwards) when you look at your own camera feed or at the picture-in-picture (PIP) display.
After making the settings your ready for a chat and video talk with your Family and Friends. Hope this helps. Bud
Posted on Aug 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 03, 2016 | Computers & Internet
Sep 11, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 08, 2011 | OrangeWare WebCamDV
Feb 27, 2011 | Yahoo Messenger
Feb 05, 2011 | Logitech Webcam
Place the product installation CD in the CD drive of your computer. The installation wizard will start automatically. Follow the installation wizard prompts.
Plug the USB connector at the end of the LifeCam VX-1000 connection cable into an available USB port on your computer when prompted.
Place the LifeCam VX-1000 on a flat, level surface, or hang it from your computer's monitor. Continue following the wizard prompts until the installation wizard finishes.
Click the "Start" button, then click "All Programs" on the Start menu.
Click the "Microsoft LifeCam" folder icon in the list of programs on the Start menu, then click the "LifeCam" icon. That opens the LifeCam VX 1000 software and completes the installation process.
Dec 23, 2010 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 Webcam
Aug 26, 2009 | Logitech Labtec WebCam Pro - Digital video...
Aug 21, 2008 | Logitech QuickCam Messenger Web Camera
Jul 20, 2008 | A4tech PK5
13 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: