Question about Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load Washer
DL = Long Drain
Ld flashes when the water level does not change after the drain pump is on.
Is the drain hose or the drain pump clogged?
Is the drain hose height greater than 96? ?
Perform the following checks if washer fails to drain or recirculate.
1. See Activation of Manual Diagnostic Test Mode, and perform the Manual: Pumps test.
2. Remove the console to access the machine/ motor control assembly. See Accessing & Removing the Electronic Assemblies.
3. Visually check that the P4 connector is inserted all the way into the machine/motor control. If visual check passes, go to step 4. If visual check fails, reconnect P4 and repeat step 1.
4. Remove connector P4 from the machine/ motor control and check resistance values of pump motor windings. Resistance values should match those shown in wiring diagram, page 7-1. If resistance values are good, go to step 7. If winding measurements are much higher (tens of ohms to infinity) than shown in wiring diagram, a problem exists in the motor winding or in the connection between the machine/motor control and the motor. Go to step 5.
5. Tilt machine forward to access the bottom of the machine and the pumps. See Figure 1, page 6-13.
6. Check the resistance at the pump motor. Remove the connector at the motor and take measurements across pump terminals. Measurements should be as shown in the wiring diagram. If winding measurements are much higher (tens of ohms to infinity) than shown in wiring diagram, replace the pump motor. If the resistance at the pump motor is correct, there is an open circuit in the wiring between the motor and the machine/ motor control. Repair or replace the lower wiring harness. If the pump motor windings and machine/ motor control check OK, repair or replace the pump. Be sure to check the pump and tub sump for foreign objects before replacing pump.
7. See Activation of Manual Diagnostic Test Mode, and perform the Manual: Pumps test.
8. If the Manual: Pumps test failed, then the machine/motor control has failed: Unplug the washer or disconnect power. Replace the machine/motor control assembly. Perform the Manual: Pump test.
Posted on Dec 31, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2016 | Washing Machines
Apr 20, 2015 | IBM Wheelwriter 3500 By Lexmark Electric...
Jul 12, 2011 | Washing Machines
Apr 16, 2010 | Washing Machines
Sep 16, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jan 11, 2009 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
Jun 18, 2007 | KitchenAid KHWS01PMT Front Load Washer
253 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!