Question about Garden
Utilitec 7-day timer will only replace single-pole switch.
Single pole switch has two brass screws and a ground screw.
Links below show wiring for both Utilitec 7-day timers
If this is not your timer, then add a comment and specifically state which timer you have and which wires came off which screw on old switch.
The best way to start is to identify exactly which wires came off old switch.
How to wire
1) Timer-green-wire connects to bare ground wire.
2) Switch has 2 insulated wires. Take switch wires and connect them to timer-black-wire and timer-red-wire. Choose either one for now.
3) In back of electric box are white wires twisted together and covered with wire nut. Connect timer-white to these wires.
4) If electric box does not have white wires described above, then connect timer-white to bare ground, along with timer-green wire.
5) Turn on electricity, and push ON-OFF button. If lights come on, timer is wired correctly. If lights do not come on, then reverse timer-red and timer-black wires.
If the free answer is not right for you, then take advantage of fixya phone service.
Expert helps you via phone for a price.
Posted on Dec 30, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 19, 2014 | Woods In-Wall Digital 5-10-15-30-Minute...
Feb 03, 2012 | Home
Jan 10, 2011 | Miller Bobcat 3 Phase Welder Generator...
Apr 29, 2010 | Jenn-Air JED8230 Electric Cooktop
Feb 18, 2010 | Panasonic CQ-C8100U CD Player
Oct 20, 2009 | Dryers
Nov 15, 2008 | Hampton Bay 24750 Huntington III Ceiling...
Apr 19, 2008 | Car Audio & Video
Jun 10, 2007 | Casablanca Fan 3245T Ceiling
101 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: