The following is the GE moving instructions. If you have started before the 24 hour rest period and the unit had been rotated from vertical have the compressor inspected.
FREEZER MOVING INSTRUCTIONS
Please use the following steps when relocating an upright or chest freezer:
- Disconnect the power cord from the wall receptacle.
- Remove the food, defrost, and clean the freezer.
- Use blankets to protect the freezer finish from scratches.
- Place the freezer on its side for moving only if you have no other choice.
- When transporting a freezer, keep it in an upright position. If transporting it in an upright position is not possible, lay it down on the compressor side of the unit. Be careful to secure the door to prevent it from opening.
- If it has been transported on its side, set it right side up in its final location and allow the freezer to sit for the same amount of time that it was on its side (24 hrs max.). Do not plug the unit into the electrical receptacle without allowing this settling time. The unit can be damaged if it is plugged in prematurely.
If the unit was transported in an upright position there is no waiting time required.
Hope this helps?