Question about HP Photosmart Wireless Multifunction Printer/ Copier/ Scanner
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Your OfficeJet 6500 may need resetting. With the printer power on:
1) Disconnect the USB cable from your computer
2) Remove the ink cartridges
3) Unplug the power cord. Wait for at least 1 minute. Plug the unit back in (press the power button if necessary)
4) Wait for the "Insert Cartridges" message. Reinstall the cartridges
5) Close the product doors
6) If you receive a recalibration message, allow the printer to complete this task
7) Reconnect the USB cable
8) Try your print job again
If problems still exist, your product may need servicing by an authorised HP technician.
Posted on Dec 20, 2009
SOURCE: How to fix general error
1. Plug it directly into the wall, rather than into a UPS
2. Verify that the unit is switched on. Disconnect the USB/Ethernet cable from the All-in-One and also disconnect power cable from All-in-One and also from wall outlet.
3. Wait 30 seconds.
4. Plug in the power cable to All-in-One and also to wall outlet.
5. Check for the functionality.
1. Unplug the power cable from printer when the printer is powered on and wait for 20 seconds.
2. Then, press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord.
Continue holding until it displays Semi Full Reset message in the front panel of the All-in-One.
If the problem persists there is a hardware malfunction that can't be fixed without the unit being sent in for repair. If it's under warranty then send it into hp for replacement. If not you may want to consider replacement.
Posted on Dec 01, 2010
Re-apply power - unplug it, check for any shipping tape inside the printer (read the installation instructions) and plug it back in.
Posted on Jan 08, 2011
Solution 1: reset the printer:
1. Switch on the unit.
2. Open printer and remove all cartridge.
3. Unplug the power cord from the printer.
4. Unplug the cable from the wall outlet
5. Wait 30 seconds.
6. Plug the power cord back into the printer.
7. Plug the power cable directly to the wall outlet.
8. Open the top cover and reinsert the cartridges.
9. Turn the unit on.
10. Print a document to test
Solution 2: If the previous solutions did not work, check and clean the printhead:
2. Open the cartridge access door.
3. Remove each cartridge.
4. Lift the latch handle on the carriage until it stops.
5. Lift the printhead straight up to remove it.
2 - The edge between the ink nozzles and the electrical contacts
3 - The electrical contacts
CAUTION: Do not touch the ink nozzles. Use only cleaning materials to touch the electrical contact areas.
2. Carefully lower the latch handle before reinserting the cartridges. The latch must remain down to install the cartridges correctly.
3. Slide the cartridges into their appropriate slots until they snap firmly into place in the slot.
4. Close the cartridge access door.
Hope this helps
Please rate this solution, thanks!
Posted on Mar 09, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 12, 2016 | HP Officejet 6700 Premium E-All-In-One...
Feb 18, 2015 | HP Officejet 6500A Plus Wireless...
Aug 09, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 28, 2011 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Feb 10, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 08, 2011 | HP Computers & Internet
727 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: