a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To Fix any problems with broken firmware form attempted “playsforsure” firmware updates etc where your pc finds it as a 20mb drive and it sits in recovery mode and does bugger all:
1. Uninstall all creative software & drivers 2. Uninstall Media Player 11 and Media Player 11 runtime (will require a reboot for each thing). This is done by going to add/remove programs and uninstalling (this will put your pc back to wmp10). 3. Re-install the Zen Driver from the creative website and reboot (I just reloaded Media Explorer using my ZMP install CD). 4, Plug Zen in. 5, Make sure you have the firmware update ready, run it but don’t click the language bit yet), leave the mouse hovering over your language selection. (for ZMP, just start firmware exe file, there is no language selection. You can get the firmware update from Creative’s site, go to SUPPORT and then DOWNLOADS). 6. On the Zen- select “reload OS” (on ZMP I believe it is Erase or Reload Firmware, something like that, don’t have it in front of me). 7. As soon as it flashes up “reload new firmware now via USB” click the language button 8. Now the pc should find it and allow you to re-load the firmware. (it may take a few attempts) 9. Once complete, click close and restart the pc. Everything should now be fine. 10. Once all is working, you can re-install WMP11 and it will work fine.
Have you tried to load the firmware? First you'll need to download the firmware to your PC from Creative's website: Click here. After you've downloaded it, connect your Zen via USB to your PC and open the firmware icon, then click "Upgrade."
For more detailed instructions on how to troubleshoot your Zen, click here
You will need to put the Zen into recovery mode and erase the firmware, then reload the firmware. Follow these steps:
To Erase the Firmware:
1. Get a paperclip and straighten it out.
2. Hold down the Play/Pause button, and put the paperclip through the reset hole. Release the paperclip while continuing to press the Play/Pause button until you see the screen change.
3. Select "Reload Firmware."
To Load the new Firmware:
Go to www.Creative.com/support --> downloads. Click through the navigation and download the latest Zen Touch firmware. Reboot your computer, then plug in your Zen via USB cable. Double-click the firmware icon and then click upgrade.
OK to everyone who messed up the firmware of Zen Micro and run vista, u r all idiots, including me. my zen was stuck in recovery mode and recovery menu as everyone experienced and tried to upgrade the firmware via the firmware updater that didnt work, right? ok through research and time i came to realize that what was causing the updater to fail (...please connect your media player...) is windows media player 11 (ELEVEN !!) zen update firmware will work only with windows media player 10 (TEN !!) installed. y? i dont know and i dont care anymore now that my micro is fixed up and running with the latest released firmware. method 1: u can find smne with xp and wmp10 (rare) install drivers and run the updater or method 2: u can DIY and since it is impossible to uninstall wmp11 i did the unthinkable, no no not format and install xp to use wmp10 no no.
instead i used a program called VIRTUAL MACHINE WORKSTATION 6.5 (for links keep confidential suppling ur email to me) this program will allow u to install and run several operating systems at a time regardless of your current hardware, it will run as an application in vista O/S. so i installed xp pro (on vmware 6.5) that i had handy somewhere, and then the drivers from the creative disc. then i run the firmware updater and yes it recognises my zen for the first time and loads a brand new firmware. easy as that, zen reboots and main menu appears, what a joy.
so all i used was: vmware 6.5 xp pro (wmp10) creative disc firmware updater by creative
installing operating systems on vmware is very easy and doesnt require restarts etc.. u can switch through vista and xp like a window application just like that.
hope this helps, zen micro is by far the ultimate mp3 player for its sound breathtaking performance and loudness, totally worth the trouble. this is 100% fixable
Check your LAN settings by going to Internet Options, select "connections" then LAN settings, then check the box that says "automatically detect settings". Click okay, and that should fix your problem. You have that have those options enabled to let some common programs detect your internet connectivity.