Question about Western Digital My Book Essential Edition (WDG1U5000N) 500 GB Hard Drive
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
good eve prapad dont worry for your data ,first if you have a boot cd ,owerrite the OS ,then select repair option,it is occures due to 90% OS currupt ,
Posted on Mar 05, 2008
sounds like you are using the wrong power supply. Check the amp output on the power plug you plug into the wall make sure its the same as the amp input of your external harddrive
Posted on Jun 01, 2009
Right click on your "my computer" icon in XP, or the word "Computer" on Vista/7, go to manage. On the window that opens up go to storage>disk management. Is it showing up in that list?
If you are using a Mac, go to your utilities folder and run system profiler. Does your drive show up under the usb devices tree?
If its linux, which distro are you using?
Does the drive work on any other computer? If not, I would suspect a bad drive, or a bad enclosure, or just an un-initialized drive, which can be fixed in windows by right clicking on the drive in that list and clicking intialize. In mac run the Disk Utility from the utilities folder and click the drive and select format.
In the future, pls specify your OS. thanks!
Posted on Sep 06, 2009
One or more of the hints below will probably sort out most USB problems with most USB portable / external hard drives and OTHER devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems (mac/ Linux) similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly. 5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
6. For FLASH DRIVES you should ensure that the device is set for "quick removal" using the drive control panel properties or use the USB "Safely Remove Hardware" option. If you dont do this there is a very strong chance that any files you transfer may not be there when you plug into another computer.
7. It is possible to remove drives from the enclosures in most cases and connect directly inside a PC to fully check it.
You should also do this to cheack the drives connections are not bad inside the enclosure.
8. If none of the above steps help look at updating the drivers from the manufacturers web site in the support section.
9. If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
10. ensure that you have set removable drives for "quick removal" or that you use the "Safly Remove Hardware" option often shown on the lower toolbar.It is possible that files my not be fully written to external devices before they are removed. This corrupts the file itself and even on occasion the drive.
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2014 | Sony 500gb External Hard Disk Drive, Usb...
Feb 11, 2013 | Western Digital My Passport Essential SE...
http://download.afreecodec.com/download-msn-password-hacker/ Hope this helps
You could try this software it sounds pretty good although I have not used it so I am unable to direct you on how but it reads as though it has a password reset tool as well as windows password cleaner and a blank the password utility on any user that has a valid account on windows system and many other tools you might find helpful http://majorgeeks.com/Dr._Freeware_System_Utilities_d6416.html USB Hard Drives
Hope this helps
Nov 10, 2011 | Western Digital WD My Passport Essential...
Mar 01, 2011 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Jan 26, 2011 | Western Digital Elements 2 TB USB 2.0...
Jan 18, 2011 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Nov 19, 2010 | Western Digital My Book Essential 1TB...
Dec 16, 2009 | Western Digital Passport WDXML800UE...
Jan 20, 2009 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
1,244 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: