Question about Bissell Vacuums
To replace the Brush Belt:
You will need a Phillips head screwdriver.
1. Turn the machine OFF and unplug from the wall outlet.
2. Step on the release pedal to lay the handle down on the floor.
3. Remove the Tank-in-Tank and SmartMix Bottle and set them aside.
4. Turn the machine over to expose the brush.
5. Look for the red retainers, which hold the black brush arms and gear-type brush belt in place. Unscrew the two Phillips head screws. Set these parts aside.
6. Loop the replacement brush roll belt around the brush end and the red pulley with the ridges.
7. Alternate holding each brush arm in place while replacing the red retainers.
8. Replace the Phillips head screws and turn until snug.
9. Turn the machine right side up to replace the Tank-in-Tank and SmartMix Bottle.
If you require additional assistance, please call BISSELL Consumer Services Toll free at 1-800-237-7691 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. or Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.
Posted on Jul 07, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 20, 2010 | Vacuums
Nov 18, 2009 | Bissell 1697-7 Powersteamer Pro Deluxe...
Oct 19, 2009 | Bissell 1697-7 Powersteamer Pro Deluxe...
Oct 06, 2009 | Bissell 1697-7 Powersteamer Pro Deluxe...
Sep 10, 2009 | Bissell 1697-7 Powersteamer Pro Deluxe...
Aug 23, 2009 | Bissell 1697-7 Powersteamer Pro Deluxe...
May 07, 2009 | Bissell Carpet Cleaner Powerbrush Deep...
Dec 11, 2008 | Vacuums
May 24, 2008 | Hoover SteamVac Carpet/Upholstery Deep...
380 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!