Question about Kenmore Washing Machines
Posted by Anonymous on
LF Error code: LF stands for long fill and occurs when the water level does not change for a period of time after the valves are turned on.
All washers are designed to operate with a water supply pressure of 20-100 PSI. When the pressure drops below 20 PSI the washer can have the following problems:
* Slow Fill- low water pressure reduces the speed at which water flows into the machine.
o Verify the pressure at all other water sources in the house (i.e. sinks, showers, etc..). If you find other places where the pressure is low, the problem is not with the machine but with the water supply.
* Continuous Fill- The valve may not fully seat under 20 PSI which would allow for a constant flow even when the machine is not supposed to be filling.
o Contact the water company to verify the pressure being supplied to the house.
* dispenser- Needs a minimum amount of pressure to function. May dispense constantly, at the wrong time, or not at all.
o A plumber may need to be consulted if the pressure is found to be too low.
Things you can check :
* Are the Hot and Cold water faucets turned on
* Are the water hoses kinked
o Make sure all the hose are straight and able to flow water
* Are the screen inside the water valve plugged
o Inlet valve should be free of debris and rust.
o Turn off water and remove the inlet hoses from washer.
o Remove any accumulated film or particles.
o Assure rubber washers are in the end of each inlet hose.
o Reinstall hoses, turn on water and check for leaks.
Error codes can be caused by a Power Surge or other electrical anomaly,attempt to return the washer to operation by following the Hard Reset procedure below.
1. Unplug or turn the circuit breaker off for 30 seconds.
2. Reconnect the unit to the power source by turning the breaker back on or plugging the unit back into the wall outlet.
3. Press the Pause/Cancel/Stop button twice to clear the display.
4. Start a short cycle to check the operation of the machine by selecting a cycle and pressing and holding the start button until the machine starts
Posted on Dec 29, 2010
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 20, 2014 | Whirlpool WTW5600XW 3.6 cu. ft. Cabrio Top...
Aug 30, 2012 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Jan 29, 2011 | Maytag Bravos 3.8 Cu. Ft. Washer
Jul 26, 2010 | Whirlpool WTW6700TW Top Load Stacked...
Mar 22, 2010 | Maytag MAH6700AWW Neptune Front-Load...
Jan 07, 2010 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Jul 18, 2009 | Maytag Bravos MTW6600T Top Load Washer
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: