Question about Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500 Plus Series Washer
Welcome to fixya.
The "E04" error code on your Bosch washer refers to a drainage problem as you may or may not already know. ( it can mean door lock error, but that is usually a by-product of it not draining )
What you may have is either a partially clogged pump, or a faulty pump...the later being the least likely.
You haven`t mentioned if you`ve actually visually checked the pump...it is likely just that, a blocked pump.
Anyway, here`s the most likely way to remedy a E04 code.
**Unplug the washer from the wall or turn off the breaker before attempting any repairs**
3. Find a drill bit or small screwdriver that fits in the hole in the round door.
4. Insert the bit into the hole in the door. It will push in a tab, it doesn't take much force. Rotate the hole (clockwise) to 6'oclock and it should come free. (the edges are very sharp so be careful or wear chain-mail gloves).
5. Once the door is out of the way you'll be greeted by a 3-4" plastic cap with wings so you can unscrew it by hand. ( you should also see a green ring with a string attached, if you pull this the door should unlatch, but getting the water out first is usually a good plan. This will deal with the door lock issue but it likely isn`t unlocking due to the water in the tub )
**There is a small collector lip at the bottom of the cap, that is where you can hold the wet/dry vac to catch the water. Unscrew slowly so you don't get flooded, until it is unscrewed all the way out.**
6. Now pull out the trap and visually inspect the inside of the pump as well as the filter/trap. Hopefully you'll find the item/debris that initiated the error code.
7. After removing any debris or obstruction`s re-install the button trap/lint filter and plug the washer in to power or reset the breaker and give it a test.
8. Run a load and watch for leaks. Leave the pump access door off until you are sure you screwed the cap in tight and there are no leaks.
Ultimately you may have a faulty drain pump, or a lock, but I would certainly start by performing the things I listed first.
Let me know if you require further assistance and if not and this indeed solves your problem, please rate the solution I provided accordingly.
Thank you for coming to "fixya" and good luck.
Posted on Dec 29, 2010
The washer stops at "3". It washes fine and stops at "3". and doesn't drain beyond that point. What is causing this stoppage? Help! My husband is handy.
Posted on Jun 20, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Hello Lahoma, thank you for your post!
I understand that your Frigidaire washer fills with water, will not drain completely, and is flashing an "E10" error code. The error code stands for your washer fill time is too long. This could be an issue with your water valve, main control, or water pressure. You should check to make sure that your water flow is normal and that your water line is not restricted. This could cause an issue with the way water is distributed within your washer. The water pressure coming into your washer should be at 30 PSI. You can also clear out any false error codes by performing a reset on your washer. In order to reset your washer you need to disconnect power from it for roughly ten minutes. If this does not help resolve your issue I would recommend consulting with a professional technician for a proper diagnosis to be completed. I hope this information is helpful to some degree. -Matt
Mar 18, 2015 | Frigidaire Washing Machines
Jun 13, 2014 | Hotpoint WMA66 Front Load Washer
Oct 26, 2013 | Whirlpool WTW6600SW Top Load
May 28, 2012 | Washing Machines
Apr 09, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Jun 09, 2010 | LG WM2496H Front Load
May 19, 2010 | Frigidaire Affinity ATF6000ES 3.5 Cu. Ft....
Jul 13, 2009 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Sep 03, 2008 | Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. HE4t Front Load Washer
Feb 11, 2016 | Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500...
Jun 05, 2014 | Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500...
512 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: