Samsung RS2555SL Water Filter Cartridge Holder has a leak...
The white plastic cartridge holder, located in the upper right corner of the refrig has sprung a leak. I noted there are two screws that hold the unit inside of the refrig and two screw outside and on the back of the refrig that secure the unit. There are two water lines, one white and the other dark, that feed the water into and out of the filter.
Is the process of replacing the unit a complex or simple? To speed up the process can I bypass the filter by cutting the two lines on the back of the refrig and itstall an after market filter? The latter would be much easier and most likely a lesser expensive alternative.
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200709/20070915083700656_DA99-01583A-EN.pdf this is the link for your manual, look at page 38 and that shows where your filter is located on the unit. I personally have bypassed my filter and installed a higher quality inline filter in the back of the refrigerator my self. The first reason being is that I for one had the inline filter on my older one and the second is that i have several still ready for replacing. and third they are less exspensive for me to but. GOOD lUCK
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The filter on the one I know (see below) has the water filter in the upper right of corner of the refrigerator. In my experience, you should move all food from that side of the top shelf of the refrigerator and put a shallow pan underneath. Some water will spill.
First get the cover out of the way by pressing in on the tab on the front and tilting the cover down. Remove the old cartridge by rotating it counter-clockwise. The front end of the cartridge is shaped to make a handle. Use care in case any air bubbles have built up behind the cartridge; they could force the cartridge out suddenly. Remove the foil from the end of the new cartridge. Line up the arrow on the cartridge and the arrow on the cartridge holder and then rotate the cartridge clockwise until it stops. You will feel a "click" as it locks into place when properly installed. The grip on the front should be positioned vertically. If the cartridge is overtightened, it will leak. Close the cover and the refrigerator doors. Run the water dispenser for 3 minutes (1 1/2 gallons of water) and discard the water. This will clear the line and prevent future sputtering. It will probably sputter while you do the inital clearing.
Reset the water filter replacement light by pressing and holding the Reset Water Filter pad for 3+ seconds.
It sounds like a blown fuse in the catridge. Please replace the fuse with a 250 milliamp 3/4" inch long fuse. To replace the fuse you will notice that there is
a plastic fuse holder on the cartridge. If
you face the cartridge with the green roller horizontal and down, the
fuse holder will be on the right side just above the phillips screw and
in front of the white gear you can see inside the cartridge. The fuse
installs horizontally. You just place it into the holder.
Install Water Filtration Cartridge (some models) a. Remove bypass cartridge from water filter head in rear right corner of refrigerator section. Twist cartridge counterclockwise 1/4 turn and pull down to remove. Save bypass for use at a later date. b. See Water Filtration System Installation and Operating Instructions provided with water filter cartridge for filter installation and operation.
Try turning the water off to the refrig then pushing the water dispenser to relieve water line pressure . Then try turning the cap counter-clockwise . Sometimes it takes me both hands at a customers home , to remove the cap due to the rubber seals on the end of the filter , have stuck to the plastic holder .
1) First You keep the printer power on. Open the printer cover - you will find the cartridges holder will come in proper place (the position varies printer to printer) so that you can easily remove the old cartridge.
2) Press gently the upper front portion of the cartridge you want to remove out of the printer holder - you will find it will be unlocked - just remove the cartridge carefully. (in some printer there is a cover on top of the cartridge holder which you can open to perform the step 2.
3) Unpack the new cartridge.
4) Don't forget to remove the plastic tape from the cartridge head (Ex.in HP, Lexmark cartridges etc).
5) Look the printer holder and look to the cartridge - you can easily decide the position of the cartridge in the holder.
6) Gently and carefully put the cartridge in the holder - press the upper portion of the cartridge from front side - the cartridge will be locked autometically in the holder.
7) Put the printer cover in proper place.
8) Print Now - it will print test page first. Now print as usual.
I hope the solution is helpful to you. Thanks for using fixya.com.
1. Look for the water filter cartridge. On some refrigerators it is located in the back, upper right corner of the refrigerator compartment. Some refrigerators have it in a tubular-like slot under the door and accessible from outside. 2. Remove the old cartridge. On the cartridges that are located inside the refrigerator, the cartridge should be slowly turned to the left. Don't pull down on the cartridge. A small amount of water may drip. On the type that are under the door, follow the arrow labeling for the direction to unscrew it. Slide it outside. 3. To replace a filter, fill the replacement cartridge with water from the tap. This will speed up water flow after installation. Run water from the dispenser for three minutes after replacing a filter to clear the line. Refrigerators with a filter warning light require you to reset the light. Press and hold the Reset Water Filter button to do that.
Try this procedure: 1. Open printer lid so cartridges move to center of carriage.
2. Lift clamp and remove black or color cartridge from the holder.
3. Place cartridge on table with copper contact strip facing you.
4. Carefully place a strip of clear plastic tape over the four contacts on the upper left corner of the cartridge.
5. Reinstall cartridge in printer and close lid. Wait until cartridge returns to parking position.
6. Open lid and remove cartridge again. Remove tape from left side and
place tape over four contacts at upper right corner of cartridge.
7. Reinstall cartridge in printer and close lid. Wait until cartridge returns to parking position again.
8. Open lid again, remove cartridge, remove tape.
9. Reinstall cartridge and close lid.
Printer will now recalibrate. Once the process is complete the ink level meter should be reading full again.
I hope this helps, if so please rate our solution.
You have a cartridge refill
The fuse is 250mA (250 volt but this is not critical) go and 315mA. The fuse is 3/4" inch long (20 mm) round glass with metal ends. The electrical contacts are not in the cartridge they are inside the printer. There is a plastic fuse holder on the cartridge, even the starter cartridge. If you face the cartridge with the green roller horizontal and down, the fuse holder will be on the right side just above the phillips screw and in front of the white gear you can see inside the cartridge. The fuse installs horizontally, (in line with the green roller). You just simply pop it into the holder. (I wish I knew how to post a photo, it's really easy when you figure it out.) This will stop the annoying flashing red LED and your system tray will say the cartridge is full. Good luck!!!
There is a small spring that holds the ink cartridge in the ink holder. You will see it stick out from the right hand side of the ink holder where the ink cartridge slides in. If that spring isn't being held to the ink holder by two plastic tabs, (I.E. the plastic tabs are broken) the printer will never recognize the cartridge. If the printer is still under warranty I would contact HP or an authorized repair center for HP. Both the black and color ink holder has this spring. I know of no way to repair this kind of breakage.