Question about Sharp R-244 800 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I was cleaning inside the microwave and a rectangular part on the inside came off the right hand wall. I cleaned it further and tore it. Is this needed in the microwave, can I get a replacement?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 2,992 Answers

That piece is called the waveguide cover. It's a mica sheet that goes over the hole in the side of the oven where the microwaves enter the cooking cavity. While the oven can work without it, you should replace it. It's meant to keep food particles and dirt from getting into the area of the microwave antenna, where it can possibly lead to damage.

I gather from researching the part that yours is a UK model oven. Here is a source for the replacement waveguide cover. If you're in some other part of the world, at least you'll know what you're looking for when you search for a more convenient source. You may be able to find a replacement locally, as the waveguide cover is a commonly-replaced item. Check with appliance parts houses or service shops in your area to see if one might be available.

Posted on Dec 29, 2010

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Mx 100 subwoofer repair


open the microwave door, look for a silver rectangular plate inside,try cleaning the plate with a damp cloth.

Oct 18, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Just bought one of your microwaves - model HB-P100N30AL-S3 - and after using it a couple times, I noticed that there's a piece of what looks like cardboard inside the oven on the right-hand...


That's the waveguide cover, which protects the waveguide and magnetron from moisture, grease, and food particles, which can carbonize, arc, and damage these parts.

It should be kept installed and kept clean.

- William E. Miller, AS-EET
pupista@gmail.com
http://www.microwavecontrol.com
Microwave Oven Control Panel Repair Nationwide
"Recycling by repairing since 1982"

May 27, 2017 | Hamilton Beach Beach 87108 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Replacement of the Cover Inlet plate inside the microwave, this is part # 8184604. I have the part, I just need to know what to do to replace it. Thanks,


Hi


To locate the inlet cover, look towards the interior side of the microwave next to the microwave display. The inlet is typically located near the back of the microwave, in the middle of the wall.
Unplug your microwave from the electrical outlet and remove any food or containers.

Wipe the inlet cover, typically located on the right side of the microwave in the middle of the wall, with a damp cloth. The cover must be kept clean or it will not protect the microwave.

Dry the inlet cover with a soft towel.

Leave the microwave door open for several hours to air out the inlet cover.

Examine the inlet cover for wear and tear. If the cover has too much damage in the form of scratches or holes, it may need replacement.

Remove the inlet cover, if desired. Insert a putty knife under the plastic nail that holds the inlet cover in place. Pry out the nails and set them aside. Pull out the micro plate in front of the inlet and set it aside. Remove the inlet plate.

Install a new inlet plate. Slide the new inlet cover into its place. Replace the nails back into the side of the microwave by aligning them with the holes of the side.


Please get back to us if you have further query else please accept the suggestion.

Thank you for contacting fixya.com

Apr 20, 2011 | KitchenAid KHMS145KSS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Put a hamburger in to heat, on a paper plate. The interior began to spark. the plate on the Right hand side appears to have a something black and charred (as if a piece of meat or grease has adhered to it)...


Usually the sparks are from exposed metal. Clean the oven, and the table and anything else you can inside. Then just try nuking a cup of water. That gives it something to work with and it won;t make any sparks itself. Then just see if the sparks are gone. If the paint has come off inside the cavity and exposed some metal you can get sparks but that usually means replacing the microwave. If its caused by an object or buildup then a good cleaning stops it.

Oct 10, 2010 | Whirlpool MT1110SKQ 1100 Watts Microwave...

1 Answer

Arcing while cooking.


Make sure the inside of the oven is clean and the waveguide cover on the right wall of the oven is especially clean and not damaged. Don't ever run the oven without food in it. If the waveguide cover is damaged it will arc no what but you can probably get a replacement for a few bucks. The magnetron may already be so damaged that it'll never work right again.

Oct 19, 2009 | Daewoo KOC-925T Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Panasonic nn-s558ba microwave won't power on


Lee,

Have Landlord replace unit after verifying that outlet has power.

In the future, follow manufacturer's cleaning instructions and DO NOT
run microwave without something in it (even a microwave safe cup of water).

Larry Hanson EH&S Specialist

Apr 04, 2009 | Panasonic NN-S558BA/WA Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave ovens


The Magnetron has failed, causing the waveguide to become damaged. If the waveguide is damaged/burned the microwave can not be repaired and should be replaced.

Dec 25, 2008 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Burning smell from Microwave


If you clean any appliances always plug out the unit power supply do spray any liquid in the unit that can enter inside the control, instead just wipe it with rug not spray. In this situation you have to call for a qualified technician. Maybe there are some wires that burned or rust in the control that cause the short circuit inside the unit..

Dec 27, 2007 | Whirlpool MH7135XE Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave ovens


The cover is probably the magenetron. That is where the microwaves come from. If the bread was moist, it might have left condensate in the unit which is causing the sparking. Unplug the unit, leave the door open over night. If you can remove that cover, do so. Be sure to carefully replace it before using the unit. Never turn on a microwave with nothing in it.

Dec 16, 2007 | Sharp R-1480 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Microwave ovens


Can't tell you much about your little rectangle, but sparks can result from left over food particles that got carbonized, and a good cleaning might get rid of it, unless you like looking at the sparks(I heard you shouldn't stare at a microwave while working though, washing machines are safer). make sure you unplug it while cleaning or doing anything else, those micros are dangerous as hell. Take care

Mar 15, 2006 | Sharp R-220BW Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sharp R-244 800 Watts Microwave Oven Logo

207 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sharp Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

Ed Mac

Level 3 Expert

731 Answers

Are you a Sharp Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...