Question about PC Desktops
The following process will help you remove Antivirus 2009 from your system easily and safely.
Antivirus 2009 Manual Removal Process:
1. Click on the Start Menu button, then click on the Control Panel option, and then Double-click on the Add or Remove Programs icon.
2. Locate Antivirus 2009 and double-click on it to uninstall Antivirus 2009. Follow the screen step-by-step screen instructions to complete uninstallation of Antivirus 2009. Do not worry about this if you cannot find it in Add/Remove window. Simply skip to #5.
3. Restart the computer.
4. When it has completed uninstalling you can close Add or Remove Programs and your Control Panel.
5. Close all programs.
6. Search and delete the following infected entries in registry. If you do not know how to edit registry, click here to read more.
“Antivirus” = “%ProgramFiles%\Antivirus 2009\Antvrs.exe”
7. Stop Antivirus 2009 process. If you do not know how to stop a running process, click here to read more.
8. Find and delete the following infected files from your system. Don’t worry if you don’t find these files. Just proceed to next step.
If you do not know how to find it or having difficulties locating the file, click here to read more.
9. Rename the files that you found above to “foundbadfile1.dll” and “foundbadfile2.dll” (if you can not rename this file, then try to restart your computer in safe mode then try to rename this file.) If you don’t know how to start the computer in safe mode, click here to read more.
10. Go to C:\Program Files\ folder and delete the “Antivirus 2009′ folder (if you can’t delete it, reboot your computer to safe mode then delete the folder. Do not worry about it if you can’t find this folder.)
11. Click here to bookmark this page (you will need to comeback to this page after reboot)
(If you are using Firefox click on Ctrl+D on your keyboard to bookmark this page)
12. Restart your computer
13. Go to your computer and delete the “foundbadfile1.dll” and “foundbadfile2.dll” file
14. You have just removed Antivirus 2009 from your computer manually.
Remove Antivirus 2009 with SmitfraudFix:
SmitfraudFix is a free tool that S!Ri created to remove fake anti-spyware programs. It can be risky so we cannot guarantee the result. Please use it with reservations. We would never recommend to purchase anything unless it’s necessary. That’s why we produce this free removal process.
1. Download SmitfraudFix tool and save it to your desktop.
2. Restart your computer and boot into Safe Mode. If you don’t know how to start the computer in safe mode, click here to read more.
3. Double-click on the SmitfraudFix.exe icon then follow the screen instructions. Option #2 should be selected in this case.
4. When you are prompted with “Do you want to clean the registry ?”, simply answer “Y”.
6. You should have removed Antivirus 2009 from your computer. Sometimes it might take more than once to work properly. If SmitfraudFix removal tool does not work, which is in no-guarantee due to the nature of spyware, please refer to the manual removal steps above or purchase a legitimate removal tool if necessary.
Posted on Jul 07, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 30, 2010 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Oct 12, 2009 | PC Desktops
Jul 28, 2009 | Acer EMACHINE 1GB/160 DESKTOP
May 12, 2009 | Gateway 510 X (10272197) PC Desktop
Jan 09, 2009 | Dell Dimension 2350 PC Desktop
Nov 13, 2008 | Compaq PC Desktops
Nov 06, 2008 | PC Desktops
Jul 07, 2008 | PC Desktops
Jul 07, 2008 | PC Desktops
90 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!