So I have my mouse charged and has plenty of batteries and works fine 90% of the time. That other 10% of the time the mouse LED flashes red for a second and the mouse is unresponsive. I have experimented and even when the mouse isn't connected to anything and is just on, it will still flash the low battery light. Do I need to replace the battery or is it just better to replace the whole mouse? I doubt the warranty is still good.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: I think my mouse battery might be dying :(
Depending on how old the unit is, the rechargeable battery may well be faulty. I believe theis mouse comes with a 3yr warranty though. I suggest you contact logitech for a warranty claim
if less than 3 years old.
The other option may be to open up the unit and replace the battery yourself.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If thelaptop battery is more than 3 - 4 years old then the battery could be worn out.Rechargeable batteries have a finite number of charge and discharge cycles andwill lose their charge capacity over time, i.e. won't charge to 100% andgradually the charge reduces until the battery won't charge up at all. OR Thebattery shows a 100% charge but when the adapter is disconnected the battery dropsoff to zero capacity in a very short time. If the battery drops to anunacceptable charge level then the battery needs to be replaced.
Some cell phone batteries work fine for a short period of time and then rapidly diminish their holding capacity. The battery that has previously worked fine for 10 days standby begins a downward time drop to last merely a couple of days. A simple procedure that I have found to be invaluable is to:
1. Turn the power to the phone off.
2. Remove the battery from the phone.
3. Replace the battery into the phone.
4. Fully charge the battery.
5. Test the results by noting the time and day of item 4 above. Leave the phone on standby and see if the charge will now last many days. If so, congratulations, your phone is almost as good as new, and you didn't need to find and buy a new battery (or bother the customer service staff).
It sounds like it is time for a new battery. While the regulator could have been damaged during the jumping procedure, the symptoms you've outlined still point to a bad battery. Motorcycle batteries do not fair well from a complete discharge. Sometimes removing the all of the acid and replacing with new acid will provide another year of service, but not always.
My reasoning for the thinking it is the battery is because of it not being kept charged over the winter and it was working fine before then (charging system usually does not get damaged from non-use). If the bike died when you removed the cable while it was idling, this would suggest the battery as well as a magneto based charging system is very weak at idle and relies on the battery to supplement it during periods of idle. To test my theory, jump the bike off, rev it to 1200 to 1500 RPM and disconnect the jumper cable. If the bike continues to run but dies when you let it idle, then the charging system is functioning and the battery needs to be replaced.
Normally when a battery does that it has to do with it's very first charge. If the phone was turned on at all before the first charged reached it's full capacity, one day out of no where it will just die very quickly. You should also notice that when it charges it reaches a full charge more quickly than it did before. If that is not the case then you just got a defective battery. I can tell you for sure it doesn't have anything to do with the memory card.
Sounds like a charging system issue. Just because the alternator itself tested fine doesn't mean it's getting power to the car and battery. Charge the battery and start the car (with everything connected normally, including alternator). While car is idling, disconnect the battery (negative post wI'll do). If car dies, there's a problem with the alternator wiring/harness. Once the vehicle is running, the alternator should provide plenty of power. Check voltage at battery (from alternator) and should be around 14V. Check alternator fuse.
Could be the voltage regulator in the alternator going out, which would need a new alternator.
try putting the battery in the charger with the power turned off (unplugged from wall socket ) leave over night then start recharging fresh and dont disturb for 10hours after 10 hours see if any better hope this helps glenn.........
i shoul not afect any thing unless you replace the batterie with the car runing, and some radios have antitheft code if batterie die or disconect the radio will ask you to type a code in order to work again but most of times it display the worl code on the digital screen