Hi, I have a failry new mp3/mp4 player, I've had it working fine for months, even had it playing three days ago. I went to turn it on yesterday and instead of coming up with the 'hello' screen, it went straight to a blank screen with a egg timer on it, then it doesn't move from this screen. Can you please give me suggestions as to how to fix it? There's no reset button, only a on/off switch not button. I've tried pressing either the menu of play button for a while but that doesn't change anything.
my ipod was working find until yesterday in wont do enything just with an timer on the screen and it does move or do anything please help!!!
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: How to unfreeze mp3 player
To reset your iPod:
1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
you can also try restoreing it
Note: Because Restore erases all of the songs and files on iPod, make sure to back up any files you've saved on the iPod disk. All of your songs, videos, podcasts, audiobooks, and games can be loaded back to your iPod provided that you have them stored in your itunes Library.
How to restore your iPod: For Windows:
1. Make sure you've reinstalled the latest version of itunes.
2. Open itunes, and then connect your iPod to your computer.
3. After a few moments, it will appear in the source list in itunes.
4. Select your iPod in the source list and you will see information about it appear in the Summary tab of the main itunes windows.
5. Click the Restore button. You will be prompted with one or more restore options that may prompt itunes to automatically download of the latest iPod Software. The 4 possible restore options are:
Restore Option 1: Restore - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod.
Restore Option 2: Use Same Version - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod even though a newer version is available.
Restore Option 3: Use Newest Version - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
Restore Option 4: Restore and Update - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
6. A progress bar will appear on the computer screen indicating that the first stage of the restore process has started. When this stage is completed, itunes will instruct you to leave iPod connected to your computer to complete restore.
7. During the stage 2 of the restore process, the iPod will show an Apple logo as well as a progress bar at the bottom of the display. It is critical that the iPod remains connected to the computer or iPod Power adapter during this stage. Note: The progress bar may be difficult to see since the backlight on the iPod display may be off.
8. After stage 2 of the restore process is complete and the iPod is connected to the computer, the itunes Setup Assistant window will appear asking you to name your iPod and choose your syncing preferences similar to when you connected your iPod for the first time.
if the problem isn't solved.. check your warranty at
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
i held in the power button for 5minutes,it shut off,then turned it back on.but now i have another problem,now it wont play my music.i cant get the plan so if u could just tell me what u think or know what to do i would really appreciate it.
i bought a mp4 player 2 months ago through net when i brought
theplayer it was working fine but now it has totally changed its keys
arenot working properly and earphone socket also not working properly
.When I [put my earphonesinto
my mp4 u have 2 fiddle alote to get them in right so I can here...and
also the earphones are working fine with other mp3 and mp4 playerso i
don't think there is any problem in earphones
We have a toshiba gigabeat f20. today it worked fine, listened to it for hoursbefore turning it off. turned it on within a hour to play it and got a blank screen. nothing in the environment could have caused this. battery had been replaced a week before. so, took the case off to opened it and take a look. realized that one of the plug ins for the screen had come loose or slightly lifted inside. it did not totally unplug, just not pressed down tight. pushed it back in. put the case back on. hit the power button and it's back on, nothing that had been previously loaded was lost.