Question about Hitachi SimpleDrive Mini 250GB USB 20 Portable External SDM250RW (Red Wine) 250 GB Hard Drive
external hard drive likely has no partitions so Windows has no drive to mount.
Follow these steps to create and format a partition for your external
1. Press Win+R to open the Run command.
2. Type "Control" into the dialog box.
3. Double-click Administrative Tools.
4. Double-click Computer Management.
5. Select Disk Management under Storage.
6. Find the 250 GB External Hard drive in the right pane.
7. Right click on the drive and select "Create new partition".
8. After the partition is created you will need to format the partition.
9. Format the partition as NTFS unless you plan on booting off the hard drive, in which case format the partition as FAT32. You can also create multiple partitions if you want.
10. Enter My Computer and you will now see your external hdd.
Good luck and thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on Mar 10, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 29, 2011 | Coby MP-C7085 MP3 Player
Jan 11, 2011 | HP Pavilion A720N PC Desktop
Jan 18, 2010 | Electronics - Others
Jul 02, 2009 | Cameras
May 28, 2009 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Dec 09, 2007 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
184 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: