Question about Bosch Nexxt 500 WFMC3301 Front Load Washer
Welcome to fixya.
The "E04" error code on your Bosch washer refers to a drainage problem as you may or may not already know. ( it can mean door lock error, but that is usually a by-product of it not draining )
What you may have is either a partially clogged pump, or a faulty pump...the later being the least likely.
You haven`t mentioned if you`ve actually visually checked the pump...it is likely just that, a blocked pump.
Anyway, here`s the most likely way to remedy a E04 code.
**Unplug the washer from the wall or turn off the breaker before attempting any repairs**
3. Find a drill bit or small screwdriver that fits in the hole in the round door.
4. Insert the bit into the hole in the door. It will push in a tab, it doesn't take much force. Rotate the hole (clockwise) to 6'oclock and it should come free. (the edges are very sharp so be careful or wear chain-mail gloves).
5. Once the door is out of the way you'll be greeted by a 3-4" plastic cap with wings so you can unscrew it by hand. ( you should also see a green ring with a string attached, if you pull this the door should unlatch, but getting the water out first is usually a good plan. This will deal with the door lock issue but it likely isn`t unlocking due to the water in the tub )
**There is a small collector lip at the bottom of the cap, that is where you can hold the wet/dry vac to catch the water. Unscrew slowly so you don't get flooded, until it is unscrewed all the way out.**
6. Now pull out the trap and visually inspect the inside of the pump as well as the filter/trap. Hopefully you'll find the item/debris that initiated the error code.
7. After removing any debris or obstruction`s re-install the button trap/lint filter and plug the washer in to power or reset the breaker and give it a test.
8. Run a load and watch for leaks. Leave the pump access door off until you are sure you screwed the cap in tight and there are no leaks.
Ultimately you may have a faulty drain pump, or a lock, but I would certainly start by performing the things I listed first.
Let me know if you require further assistance and if not and this indeed solves your problem, please rate the solution I provided accordingly.
Thank you for coming to "fixya" and good luck.
Posted on Dec 29, 2010
What does code E13 mean?
Posted on Jul 09, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2015 | Amana Washing Machines
Apr 24, 2010 | Washing Machines
Nov 15, 2009 | Refrigerators
Jul 08, 2009 | Maytag Atlantis MAV6000 Top Load Washer
Oct 07, 2008 | Bosch WFMC 3200 Front Load Washer
Sep 29, 2008 | EuroTech EWC177 Front Load Washer / Dryer
Oct 15, 2007 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 Front Load...
Jul 13, 2016 | Bosch Nexxt 500 WFMC3301 Front Load Washer
468 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: