Question about HP DeskJet 5150 InkJet Printer
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response. Happy Holidays! Thanks, Joe
A. - Press and hold the "*" key.
B. - Press the "#" key and release both keys.
Display should say "Enter Special Key Combo"
C. - Press and release in sequence the "1", "2" and "3" buttons.
Display should say "Support" and display the FW rev (something like R0631R)
2. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says "System Configuration Menu". (on C8100 use Touch Screen)
3. Press and release the "OK" button.
4. Display should say "Hardware failure status". If not there already, Arrow Key over to "Hardware failure status",
5. Press and release the "OK" button.
6. Display should say "Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear".
7. Press and release the "OK" Button. Message changes to "Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue".
8. Press and release the "CANCEL" button as many times as necessary, so that, either the "Welcome to Photosmart Express" screen appears, or, the "Ink System Failure" screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
9. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
10. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
11. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message "USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER" followed by "PRESS OK TO CONTINUE". Press OK.
12. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the "ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS". Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
13. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.
14. If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response. Happy Holidays!
Posted on Dec 28, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2013 | HEWLETT-PACKARD Hewlett Packard C6380...
May 18, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6380 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 03, 2010 | HP Photosmart C8180 InkJet Printer
Dec 20, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 14, 2008 | HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 06, 2008 | HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 24, 2008 | HP Photosmart D7160 InkJet Printer
Mar 30, 2016 | HP DeskJet 5150 InkJet Printer
144 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!