Question about Whirlpool Washing Machines
MY wHIRLPOOL WASHER IS 4 YEARS OLD. 11 MINUTES BEFORE COMPLETION OF WASH, IT REFUSED TO GO INTO SPIN AND DRAIN CLOTHES. PUSHING "PAUSE" OR "CANCEL" WILL NOT UNLOCK DOOR. :
Posted on Mar 15, 2009
Based upon the age, it may be as simple as replacing the lid switch.
Open and close lid, listen for 'clicking' sound. If no 'clicking' sound, replace lid switch. Here's how:
To access it REMOVE POWER, lift the console by one of three ways.
1. Look in the back of the console, in each corner there will be a screw, unscrew until the console can be pushed forward.
2. The trim on either side can be pried off from the top, grasp and pull forward to expose to expose a screw.
3. Insert a putty knife under each corner, push to release a latch.
With console lifted:
1. You will find a lid switch connector (white in color). Unplug the switch from the connector.
2. There will be two brass colored clips. Place a flat blade screwdriver straight down into the opening on top of the washer and into the groove of the clip. Push the screwdriver down and away from you and the clip will release.
3. Open the lid of the washer and place your hand under the front rim of the opening (DO NOT grab the wash tub). Tilt and slide cabinet forward to remove.
If you need further assistance, let me know
Posted on Jul 07, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Problems with a washing machine not spinning or not draining are often inter related..
If you are having a problem with your top load washer then check out this tip...
Washing Machine does not Pump or Spin
If you are having problems with your front load washing machine then checkout this tip...
Front Load Washing machine not draining and or not spinning
Dec 12, 2010 | Washing Machines
Apr 08, 2009 | Washing Machines
Mar 23, 2009 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9549L Top...
Feb 21, 2009 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Dec 16, 2008 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Nov 11, 2007 | Whirlpool AWM5125/1 Front Load Washer
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!