Question about Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
My IP4200 was working fine until yesterday, when I accidently triggered a huge print, and may have pressed the wrong button (or for too long) to cancel printing. Now it accepts my print command, feeds the paper through half way, then stops, with the top light blinking green, slowly. Turning off and on does not help. When I press the middle button the paper shoots through with no problems (but no print) so it is not a jamming issue. The cartridges (originals), which are nearly full, all show non-blinking red lights. I have taken out and replaced each one, in case the printer needs to recognise them again.
As I write, the top light is still blinking slowly, the middle light is on. I haven't noticed any amber lights flashing - always green.
Can you help?
How many times does the flight flash? - thats a error code
is this a alarm / power light?
Posted on Jul 06, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 01, 2013 | Printers & Copiers
Feb 15, 2013 | Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
If the Paper Feed Roller is dirty or paper powder is attached to it, paper may not be fed properly.
In this case, clean the Paper Feed Roller. Cleaning will wear out the Paper Feed Roller, so perform this only when necessary.
You need to prepare: three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1.Make sure that the power is turned on, and remove any paper from the Rear Tray.
2.Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3.Clean the Paper Feed Roller without paper.
(1) Press the (Maintenance) button repeatedly until b appears.
(2) Press the Black or Color button.
The Paper Feed Roller will rotate as it is cleaned.
4.Clean the Paper Feed Roller with paper.
(1) Make sure that the Paper Feed Roller has stopped rotating, and load three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
(2) Make sure that b appears on the LED, then press the Black or Color button.
The machine starts cleaning. The cleaning will be completed after the paper is ejected.
This should fix the issue
Nov 03, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP495 InkJet Printer
Jan 18, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
May 16, 2010 | Printers & Copiers
Jan 21, 2009 | Kyocera FS-1030D Laser Printer
How to reset Canon MX310
printer low ink signal
1. Power off the printer.
2. Holding the stop/reset button, press and hold
power button also. Hold both buttons
together for 5 secs.
3. Still holding the power button, release the
stop/reset buton, then press the stop/reset button twice.
4. Release power button (the screen should now
say 'Service Mode').
5. Wait until the power button lights steady
green, then press the stop/reset button three times with a 3 sec space between
each press. On the 3rd press the
indicator should turn steady orange.
6. Press the power button once, (the orange
light should go off).
7. Open the printer and remove both
cartridges. Wait for 10 seconds. Replace the cartridges and close
printer. Wait for 30 seconds.
8. Press the power button, and wait until
printer has shut down.
9. Press power button to power up. The printer will feed one piece of paper,
then ask you to set the language.
10. The page counter is now reset! Enjoy.
Jul 29, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 28, 2007 | Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 05, 2007 | HP Photosmart 7450 InkJet Printer
267 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!