following solutions first of all please remove
all previous versions of Acrobat, and then
Choose Start > Control Panel (Windows XP)
Double-click Add Or Remove Programs.
Select Adobe Acrobat [version] and click Remove.
When prompted, confirm that you want to remove Acrobat.
Repeat the above procedure for all installed versions of
Restart the computer, and then reinstall Acrobat.
the steps below during Acrobat Reader installation. The Administrators group
listed below is the default local administrative group for Windows
- Write down the path to the key referred to in the error message and leave
the installation running. For example:
- Choose Start > Run, type regedit in the Open text field of the Run
dialog box, and then click OK.
- Navigate to the parent of the key referenced in the error message. For
example, for the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.pdf\PersistentHandler,
open (double-click) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >SOFTWARE > Classes > .pdf.
Note: These steps may vary slightly depending on the path in the error
- Right-click on the parent key and select Permissions
- Verify that the Administrators and SYSTEM is present and that Full
Control is selected under the Allow column.
the Permissions dialog box, click Advanced.
- Select the Administrators
group (1) and "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" (2). Note: Select the
current administrator account if the Administrators group is unavailable.
- Select both "Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propagate to
this object" and "Reset permissions on all child objects and enable propagation
of inheritable permissions," (1) and then click the Owner tab
- Click OK (3) in the "Advanced Security Settings" dialog box. Windows will
now reset the permissions for each child object to correspond with its parent.
- Minimize the Registry Editor and click Retry.
- If the error reoccurs with the same key proceed to Solution 4.
the error occurs with another registry key repeat Steps 1-10 using the new registry key.
- If the error does not occur finish the installation following the on
screen instructions and exit the Registry Editor.
let us know how it goes.