An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has posted more than 50 answers, of which 90% or more were rated as helpful.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: EP 1083 service /reset codes
Press on keyboard, stop o stop 1. Press 4 to enter counter mode., the first counter should be the pm, displaying a counter with a negative sign. Press cancel key to reset to 0. Exit service mode by pressing panel reset 2 or 3 times and you should be back in business.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, TA code refers to maintenance all counter has reached its specified limit. This usually means all the consumable parts have reached the end of their service life. If you have a maintenance contract with a Sharp dealer then they should replace all the units that require replacing & reset the maintenance counters for you, if you don't then, if the copy quality is still ok, you should be able to continue to use the machine as normal.
Hope this helps.
11.5.4 MAINTENANCE COUNT.
• To display the count of the maintenance counter.
• When the counter reaches "0", maintenance call M1 or the service call will appear, according to the setting on MAINTENANCE COUNT. of SERVICE'S CHOISE.
See P.85 below
• To enter an appropriate counter value (0 to 999999) as the tentative maintenance time.
• Specify the setting on maintenance counter to "1" or "2": If the maintenance life is
reached, the maintenance call (M1) or service call [Call Service (M1)] will appear.
"0" : Not counted
1 : Counted (The maintenance call display is given when the counter reaches 0.)
2 : Counted (The service call display is given and the initiation of any new copy cycle
is inhibited when the counter reaches 0.)
• The counter value is decremented until it reaches -999999 even after it has
• The default setting is 0.
• When "1" or "2" is selected, a screen will then appear to allow the counter value to be
• To clear the count, use [CLEAR DATA] of the SERVICE MODE.
Procedure below to enter::
11.2.1 Starting procedure
1. Press the Menu/Select key.
2. Press the following keys in this order.
Quick Settings Quick Settings left arrow twice the right arrow then left arrow
11.2.2 Exiting procedure
• Press the Back/Stop/Reset key as many times as it is required to display the initial
11.2.3 Changing the setting value in SERVICE MODE functions
1. Select the desired item using [??/??/??/??] key.
2. Select the setting value using [??/??/??/??] key.
3. Validate the selection by pressing the Menu/Select key.
4. To go back to previous screen, press the Back/Stop/Reset key.
Hi fatma, this is most likely a maintenance counter error. You need to reset the maintenance counter. Do so by pressing: Select [Service Mode] [CLEAR DATA] [PM COUNTER]
This should enable the printer to start working again.
Hope this helps!
It means that the maintenance counter has reached its limit or you may have an error. If it is time for maint. then usually you replace the drum, cleaning blade, and developer (or the entire process unit) and reset the counters in service mode if the parts do not reset the counts automatically. Or you could simply reset the codes and not preform any replacements. Could you provide a bit more detail on the exact model number (EP-2010, EP-2030, etc...) and such and I can provide you more information on how to rectify the situation.