the RAM upgrade will depend on ur motherboard capacity and specification.
u need to check ur MB manual
if ur MB can have only SD RAM then only SD RAM upgrade is possible...DDR will not work....
so be careful while buying ur RAM
intelD845GLLy MB...the following details are from the intel website
System Memory Features
The D845GLLY board provide the following memory features:
- Two DIMM sockets supporting 3.3 V (only) 168-pin 133 MHz Single Data Rate (SDR) SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts
- Unbuffered non-ECC DIMMs only
- Maximum total system memory: 2 GB; minimum total system memory: 64 MB
- Serial Presence Detect (SPD) DIMMs only
- Suspend to RAM
Do not use ECC DIMMs with the Desktop Board. Using ECC DIMMs could damage the Desktop Board.
- Registered DIMMs are not supported on the Desktop Board.
- This Desktop Board has been designed to support DIMMs based on 512 Mbit technology for a maximum onboard capacity of up to 2 GB, but this technology has not been validated on this board.
To be fully compliant with all applicable PCI33 SDRAM memory specifications, the board should be populated with DIMMs that support the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data structure. This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance.
hope this helps