Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
1. Connect a computer to any one of the four LAN ports of the NETGEAR router.
2. Open an Internet explorer and type the router IP address which would be either http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 (by default, refer to your product documentation ti determine the default IP address.) in the address bar and press Enter.
The Login window will be prompting for a Username and Password. The default Username is admin and the default Password is password
3. Click Wireless Settings under Setup menu.
NETGEAR Router WEP
4. Under Security Options, Select WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)
5. Select Authentication type as Automatic and Encryption Strength as 64-bit (or 128-bit) - You must later configure your wireless computers with the same setting.
6. Select Key 1 and enter any 10 hexadecimal digits - any combination of 0-9, A-F (26 digits if you selected 128-bit as the encryption strength) and Apply the settings. Please note down these values - You must later configure your wireless computers with the same setting.
Hope that helps.....
Posted on Jul 06, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 08, 2012 | NetGear N300 Wireless Router
Apr 12, 2012 | Zonet ZSR4154WE Router
May 03, 2011 | Belkin (54G F5D7230UK4) Wireless Router
Feb 23, 2011 | D-Link Routers
Feb 14, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Sep 25, 2010 | Belkin N1 Vision Wireless Router
Apr 02, 2010 | Actiontec (GT701WG) Wireless Router
Feb 11, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Router
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: