Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
1. Connect a computer to any one of the four LAN ports of the NETGEAR router.
2. Open an Internet explorer and type the router IP address which would be either http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 (by default, refer to your product documentation ti determine the default IP address.) in the address bar and press Enter.
The Login window will be prompting for a Username and Password. The default Username is admin and the default Password is password
3. Click Wireless Settings under Setup menu.
NETGEAR Router WEP
4. Under Security Options, Select WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)
5. Select Authentication type as Automatic and Encryption Strength as 64-bit (or 128-bit) - You must later configure your wireless computers with the same setting.
6. Select Key 1 and enter any 10 hexadecimal digits - any combination of 0-9, A-F (26 digits if you selected 128-bit as the encryption strength) and Apply the settings. Please note down these values - You must later configure your wireless computers with the same setting.
Hope that helps.....
Posted on Jul 06, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 23, 2014 | 2wire Computers & Internet
on Mar 28, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 08, 2013 | Gateway Smart Rg Sr500n Adsl2 4 Port W/...
Apr 12, 2012 | Zonet ZSR4154WE Router
Feb 14, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jun 05, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 02, 2010 | Actiontec (GT701WG) Wireless Router
Oct 19, 2009 | ASUS WL-330GE 802.11b/g Wireless Access...
Feb 11, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Router
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: