- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) Connect an external monitor to the monitor port of your laptop. 2) Shut down your system from the START menu. 3) Take out the battery
4) Leave power cord in for 2 minutes...then REMOVE it.
5) Press your on/off button for 45 seconds.
6) Make sure your screen is at greater than 90 degrees 7) Plug in
8) Press your on/off button to power laptop.
The touch buttons are there so you can turn your laptop on into the Quickplay feature without having to load into Windows. So basically if you just want to use it for multimedia. If you was to press power button, these will just load straight into Windows. It is meant to do this. If you are saying that the screen doesnt come on when you turn the laptop on and are basically saying that the laptop doesnt boot at all and is just a blank screen, then it is very very likely you have a motherboard failure. Contact HP to see if they have still covered your laptop with warranty as this is a known issue on these laptops and some warranty had been extended
Try connecting an external monitor to the laptop, power up the monitor first then boot up the laptop. The video data will switch to the monitor automatically, check if the monitor dislays a normal image and see if the image stays on the monitor.
Also press and hold the Fn key and press the F4 key, these keys toggle the video output between the LCD screen and the video port.
Test to see if this functions correctly.
Get back to me with the results of the tests.
unplug everything from your laptop unplug the power from the laptop close it and turn it over remover the battery open and hold the on button(battery is still removed) for a 10 count, replace the battery
turn on you can plug the power cord if needed the prob. should be fixed